Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
25,408 Posts
Re: Indian Wells R4: (12)Feliciano Lopez def. (20)Pablo Cuevas 6-2 4-6 6-3

Lopez doing well again in a big tournament. May have to face Murray again though, but some here said tat Murray doesn't do well in IW so he might have a chance. I still think Murray is a dark horse here. Seems solid in general.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts

I caught most of the third set after Djokovic/Ramos finished. Lopez was literally berating fans at one point, and Lahyani had to talk to him on changeover. Then Cuevas got more and more frustrated and sad as Lopez started running away with the third set.

This is Cuevas' challenge face, which may be one of the saddest I've ever seen. His lip was literally trembling as he waited for Hawkeye:

·
25,408 Posts

I caught most of the third set after Djokovic/Ramos finished. Lopez was literally berating fans at one point, and Lahyani had to talk to him on changeover. Then Cuevas got more and more frustrated and sad as Lopez started running away with the third set.

This is Cuevas' challenge face, which may be one of the saddest I've ever seen. His lip was literally trembling as he waited for Hawkeye:

Endless loop for trembling authenticity tho...

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts

Why? What happened?
I don't know, lol. My guess would be that they were Cuevas fans and they were getting on Lopez's case. There were only a handful of fans left by the end, and they were all sitting in like the first three rows.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
55,261 Posts

Lopez doing well again in a big tournament. May have to face Murray again though, but some here said tat Murray doesn't do well in IW so he might have a chance. I still think Murray is a dark horse here. Seems solid in general.
Hmmm? I thought the draw pitches him against Nishikori for R4, which I don't see him winning. A returner the calibre of Nishikori will likely fry him if he serves like he did at 58% the whole match (see Memphis 2013, Tokyo 2013). Baseline game of Lopez was not super impressive either, and Cuevas played it like a claycourt. Murray draws Mannarino for R4 btw.

See http://www.atpworldtour.com/share/event-draws.aspx?year=2015&eventid=404&draw=ms

·
25,408 Posts

^

Huh, so Nishikori, it is. Still, if somehow he could manage to go through Nishikori he usually stops at Murray. I agree it is hard though against Nishikori. Thanks for reminding me he had to face another Top 10 player first.

·
Registered
12,421 Posts

These courts suit Lopez perfectly. I think he is the best in the world at hitting forehands above shoulder height.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
55,261 Posts

^

Huh, so Nishikori, it is. Still, if somehow he could manage to go through Nishikori he usually stops at Murray. I agree it is hard though against Nishikori. Thanks for reminding me he had to face another Top 10 player first.
No worries (projected QF is Murray-Nishikori, both have had tough IW appearances in the recent past).
I feel the key stats for Lopez will be how well his 1st serve holds up and how he plays the net pts.
Against Cuevas he won only half of all net pts 13/25 which is pretty bad if you are an S&V orientated player.
If it makes it to rallies, you can almost bet the point will go to Nishikori >60% of the time.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts

yas deli :woohoo:

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts

Pablo:awww: :hug:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts