Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Indian Wells R2: Bellucci def. [20] Melzer 6-3 6-3

Poor match overall from Melzer. Served poorly most of the match, returned poorly, hit quite a few very loose errors, didn't move his feet well around the court at all, didn't use the variety in his game to his advantage, and allowed Bellucci to consistently dictate points throughout the match. He looked like he caught the flu bug going around in IW, very lethargic play in general. Bellucci didn't serve at a great percentage but did well to boss Melzer around the court with his forehand for most of the match. He had some issues with errors, particularly in the middle of the second set, but Melzer didn't do anything to take advantage and was never really in it.

Good for Thomaz to take advantage of the situation and get a victory here. Regardless of Melzer's illness, he hit the ball confidently and continued going for his shots even after making an error. He has a chance v Davydenko in the next round for a fourth round here.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Re: Indian Wells R2: Bellucci def. [20] Melzer 6-3 6-3

25 unforced errors are still to many for bellucci. he can do much better than that.

the key difference:

1. bellucci`s deadly topspin forehand

2. his serve. he faced zero break points today

3. 50% break point conversion rate. he capitalized on 3 of 6 break point opportunities.

vamos bellucci. now gun down davydenko .

·
Registered
20,731 Posts

Melzer just phoned it in - lots of that in IW/Miami early rounds, turn up unfit, take the cheque, bye.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts

melzdown is another player i'll never quite figure out -- brilliant one day, an utter mug the next. he appeared totally disinterested today.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
bellucci is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

well done.

and congrats to bellucci, his team, and his fans here.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Pretty sure he was sick, people, he was huddled over a couple times throughout the match. Yes, he has a habit of not showing up in matches, but this time I'll give him a little bit of a let off.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Bellucci with forehand was very fine and the service was very inteligent, without many aces but with great services. :clap2:

And the points on the return were with Bellucci playing in a agressive form without short balls. :cool:

Great perfomance of Bellucci and this is the Best Match for Bellucci in Hard Courts of his career defeating one player of Top 20 :yeah:

·
Registered
6,886 Posts

I thought nearly two years ago that Belluci will be a perennial top 20 at least but I was wrong. I'll have another look at him.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts

I like this Bellucci :worship:
I hope the same version shows up next match

·
Tsonga,Djokovic
1,982 Posts

Sad for Jugen, stop slumping :sobbing:

·
Registered
1,693 Posts

Bellucci has more fans outside of Brazil than inside. HAHA, just kidding, anyway... AMAZING VICTORY, let's hope he can play against Davydenko at least as well as he played today and can win it. Then he'll lose to Fed, but will still be a great campaing.

·
Registered
7,945 Posts

Pretty sure he was sick, people, he was huddled over a couple times throughout the match. Yes, he has a habit of not showing up in matches, but this time I'll give him a little bit of a let off.
That's what I read too. He also withdrew from the doubles match.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

That's what I read too. He also withdraw from the doubles match.
Hopefully not that virus that floored Haase, Kohlschreiber and Monfils as well... :scared:

·
Registered
5,552 Posts

25 unforced errors are still to many for bellucci. he can do much better than that.
1. bellucci`s deadly topspin forehand
This.

I think exactly the same. Thomaz in a good day could beat a big gun.I think Davy could win over him if he plays like Rotterdam, but I won't count Bellucci off. He's a really difficult guy to face.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts