Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Comprehensive beatdown. No real surprise given Malisse's form this season but this result is pretty ugly considering these two played a very close match in Sydney earlier this season.

Stepanek lost two points on serve through his final service game of the first set. X-Man had looks in almost every return game after that of Stepanek's, and had two break points to take a *2-0 lead in the second set. Once those weren't taken I guess Malisse threw in the towel, which he's prone to do when things aren't going his way.

Great return numbers for Radek. Will get much more difficult next round v Tsonga but this easy a win will bring him confidence for that match.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
:sad:
I like Radek too, but I hoped X will win.
Oh well, another one of my faves getting closer to the retirement I guess :awww:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Eastbourne last year :facepalm:.
Played Queens the week before and was tired from the Murray match and we saw what he did the tournament after Eastbourne.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
It was obvious that Malisse stopped playing after wasting those two bp to have the 2-0 lead in the second set :(

Hope ponytail duo will do some damage in doubles at least.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Played Queens the week before and was tired from the Murray match and we saw what he did the tournament after Eastbourne.
True true, but he still struggled a bit on his way (except against Ferrer who he played awesome against) to the Wimby QF before taking out Fed.

Anyways point is, Jo can't afford to clown this match tomorrow or he's toast. Stepanek is more than capable of rising to the occasion in these kinds of matches :scared:.

·
Registered
19,388 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts