Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Simon went from 7-5 5-*2 with two match points, a *6-5 tiebreak lead and losing three straight points, resulting in a 3:06 marathon. But Gilles will be happy he got through here regardless. Sela was dominant on serve until *5-6 in the first set and had several openings of his own throughout the first half of the set to break, but predictably his first serve percentage dropped and he was broken to lose the set.

The first two service games of Sela in the third set were extremely long, Dudi saved a BP in his first service game and the second service game went several deuces before Dudi held. He then broke immediately for *3-1 but got broken his next service game after another long game in which Dudi saved five break points from down *0-40. From there, Simon held comfortably for the rest of the set and broke Sela to 30 to serve for the match.

With the season Simon has had, he'll welcome any win that comes along his way. Good job by the Frenchman to come through here.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Indian Wells R2: Simon beats Sela 7-5, 6-7, 6-4

Nice, Gillou!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
this is one of the few 3-set matches that have lasted over 3 hours. I'm glad it's been decided now, but it took too long :lol:

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
He bucks the Frenchmen fallout today. Please find your form Gillou!

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
i'm not 100% sure but I think I've read about a MTO in the third set, I guess it was for Sela

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
it is clear gilles is very low on confidence, all those bp's missed, not serving out the match, losing a long tie break. i would think this maybe came down to gilles being fitter towards the end of the match.

still he will take any win right now and rightly so.

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,846 Posts
Oy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts