Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good match overall from Isner. Fred actually played quite well, but from about the middle of the first set onward Big John found his rhythm, cut down on most of the poor errors he was making and was in almost all return games. The pressure ended up being too much and Fred made some errors, first serve percentage dropped a bit at the end of the first set and it cost him. But overall, I'm happy with the way he competed and played overall, and I hope he does well in Dallas next week.

Big John was dominant on serve throughout, rallied well, played aggressively from the baseline when need be and definitely got better as the match went on, which is what you want to see, started hitting out more once he got ahead. Played good defense, especially the forehand scoopshot passing shot he hit to set up the break in the second set, and hit some good volleys. Impressive overall performance. He'll be dangerous at this event going forward.

·
Banned
168 Posts
Re: Indian Wells R2: Isner def. [LL] Gil 7-5 6-3

John playing really well, especially off the backhand. Was worried, his losses in Memphis and Delray Beach were very poor but it looks like he's peaking at the right time. He has a really kind draw, should make the Q pretty easily and I could see him beating Murray.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Isner
you better make it through QF

don't be suck again

·
Registered
574 Posts
He played better because the surfaces are suitable for him.

Go giant!Destroy them all!:rocker2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts