Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tough and close match, both had chances throughout all three sets. Fred fended off Williams in a long deuce game at 4 all in the third set and broke to win the match. Rhyne was serving very well from about the middle of the second set to the middle of the third set, the tiebreaker was even, only one mini-break each until the end where Williams won a return point for an 8-6 tiebreak win. Williams had *15-30 in the first game in the third set on return and didn't break. I'm glad Fred held there because if he hadn't, momentum would have totally slipped from his grasp.

I knew this would be a pretty difficult match, so glad Fred could get through. I'm sorry for Rhyne and I hope that he isn't too dejected from losing this match and takes positives out of it. This was a must-win match for him. Now vs. Isner, hopefully he isn't totally embarrassed.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Serena Williams is now playing on the ATP tour? :eek: :yeah:

·
Registered
27,317 Posts
Your capacity to open every match thread and come up with long winded OPs is impressive.

Ajde.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tennis is back and I'm back baby, I'm excited and totally into it!!!! And if I don't open the threads, no-one will.

Plus, what Smoke said. In fact, that's why I talk about lower ranked players, to change things up. Don't hate me, we're not all bandwagon player fans on this board.

Now back to focus............hopefully Fred pulls off the magical upset over Isner but realistically, I hope this gives him confidence for the Dallas challenger next week.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
You are the definition of facepalm :facepalm:.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
who the hell is rhyne williams anyway? i have never heard of him.
Tennesse Vol player for two years. Was a top 10 college player. Went pro after his sophomore year. Had a terrible attitude in college, but definetly had game.

was the NCAA singles finalist. Lost to Steve Johnson in final.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Not being racist, but is he black?

·
Registered
27,317 Posts
Flyboy's faults aside, don't hate him for actually caring about players outside of the top 4.
Too bad he hates most of them, especially the less talented ones that work hard for their rankings :facepalm:

Ajde.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Not being racist, but is he black?
Holy cow! I'm not the only who thought that. Have heard his name before lots of times, but never seen him: always pictured him as black. Yesterday after his good performance I went looking for pictures... my face after seen him: :eek:

·
Registered
10,340 Posts
Williams should've won this, his Q wins were impressive.

·
Registered
662 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts