Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ivo had 15-40 in Kubot's first service game of the match (with second serve at 15-40), 15-30 in his second return game and 15-40 (second serve at 30-40) when Kubot was serving for the first set, and failed to break each time. Ivo double faulted to lose his serve at 3-3 in the first set and got broken twice winning two points on serve in total his first two service games of the second set to fall behind 0-*3.

Thee was a long break at *1-0 40-15 in the second set so it will be interesting to see what happened there. Hopefully no injury break. Ivo will rue missing the opportunities he had throughout the first set. Good win for Kubot, 3-0 H2H now over Karlovic.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ivo out of the top 50 with this result, as he was defending QF points.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Expected, He lost in straight sets few days ago to Matosevic. Didn´t see this match, but when i look on statistics Ivo just proove ongoing trend, that his serve is really bad last months. Not winning many FS points %, broken so many times by average player... I think Ivo will be joining Legenda soon at least from singles. When even his serve isn´t winning him matches he is done.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Kubot really has Karlovic's number. Remember him breaking him like this some other time they played. Almost seems to prefer hitting passing shots at the big target.

·
A happy person
44,904 Posts
Very great win for Łukasz after the jerky first few games. :) Hope Karlovic is not injured, the second set was too easy.

And I really think that Łukasz has chance against Roddick. :)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Expected, He lost in straight sets few days ago to Matosevic. Didn´t see this match, but when i look on statistics Ivo just proove ongoing trend, that his serve is really bad last months. Not winning many FS points %, broken so many times by average player... I think Ivo will be joining Legenda soon at least from singles. When even his serve isn´t winning him matches he is done.
I think you're too pessimistic. In AO he was in 3rd round with a set point against Fedex. In Davis Cup two straight sets wins, including one against Nishikori. Last week he lost against a hot Matosevic on a slow surface...today I don't know though. Bad match up surely and maybe slow conditions too.

·
Registered
19,323 Posts
Kubot is just too good for the all serve mug. Never dropped a set against him

1 - 20 of 39 Posts