Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marcos was serving very well until about the end of the first set when he started missing the first serve. He was serving about 80% the first set until the final couple service games. Chardy opened the match double faulting three times in the first game to lose serve. Baghdatis was controlling his service games until he served for the set, where he fell behind 0-30 but was able to come back and win the game in the end.

Second set Chardy had 30-*15 at 2-*1, didn't break and immediately fell behind 0-40 and lost serve in his next service game to give Baghdatis the *3-2 lead. Chardy had a chance to get back into the match at 3-*4, where he had *0-30 on return, and two break points, in a long deuce game where Baghdatis' serve fell off the table. Tons of second serve chances, Baghdatis put maybe two first serves in play the entire game; Chardy had three second serve returns in a row from 0-30 and also the second break point chance he had in the game, and failed to take advantage. Chardy saved four match points from down 0-40 at *3-5 to hold and force Baghdatis to serve it out. Baghdatis had 40-0 that went to 40-30 after he double faulted, but he closed it out on the next point to win the match.

Marcos not getting broken is a good thing but he's going to have to raise his service percentage from where it was in the second set to do damage in this event.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Gets his first win against Chardy in 4th attempt. Good because 0-4 against Chardy would really be shameful.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Rafarta&Grigorior♥;11801712 said:
Baggy was 0-3 head to head against Chardy:eek: :eek:
Yes, losing all 4 tiebreaks they've played in the process.

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Yes, losing all 4 tiebreaks they've played in the process.
yes, and despite Baggy being a quite good tie-break player.

But he doesn't like big servers usually, Baggy is the kind of players who prefers playing against grinders.

I read that Tignor said that he found Baggy "fitter than usual", which is also encouraging :yeah:

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
yes, and despite Baggy being a quite good tie-break player.

But he doesn't like big servers usually, Baggy is the kind of players who prefers playing against grinders.

I read that Tignor said that he found Baggy "fitter than usual", which is also encouraging :yeah:
I saw him in Zagreb last month and he didn't look much fitter than usual, but perhaps he's taken a few pounds off since, who knows.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
I hope Baggy can take out Nadal, I think he can do it on these courts.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If he's serving at 27% first serves like he was most of the second set today, no, he won't beat Nadal.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
If he's serving at 27% first serves like he was most of the second set today, no, he won't beat Nadal.
Is Baghy still fat? More fat than before maybe because of age?

Would be a factor against Nadal for sure.

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
Chardy :sad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts