Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first qualifier to make it into the MD of Indian Wells is Matt Ebden. Too bad Raji couldn't get up here, but not a surprising result at all. Ebden was up a break in the first set and lost it, but controlled the match thereafter; only lost 5 points on serve in the second set.

Being banned hasn't changed my attitude on Ebden in the slightest so I hope he loses to whoever he draws in the MD.

·
Registered
11,858 Posts
Matthew :bounce:

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Great stuff, Matt.

·
Registered
15,729 Posts
great to see the great mathew ebden show his form on the big stage yet again... very good signs for the australian scene to see him qualify for a masters draw so soon in 2012 after his run in asia late last year...

he is the aussie ferrer... what a workhorse... how can you not love this guy...

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
yes Ram received MTO at the beginning of the second set

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Ebden is more of a real deal than Mugtosevic.

·
Registered
27,317 Posts
What is there to hate about Ebden?

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Flyboy doesn't like players who work hard to make up for their lack of talent.

I think we have established this many times in the past.

Ajde..???

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
His lack of game.
Lack of game? Have you ever seen him play? He plays aggressively, can hit topspin and slice, volleys well (unlike 90% of the rest of the top 100), and is tactically astute.

So let's bag him out because he doesn't hide his weaknesses behind a big serve and a forehand.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
well done ebden, keep rocking!

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lack of game? Have you ever seen him play? He plays aggressively, can hit topspin and slice, volleys well (unlike 90% of the rest of the top 100), and is tactically astute.

So let's bag him out because he doesn't hide his weaknesses behind a big serve and a forehand.
He's tactically astute, I'll give you that, and he can volley. But "plays aggressively" isn't really true and he doesn't really have a weapon. He's more like an aggressive counter-puncher than an actual aggressive offensive player. Nothing in his game grades out as anything but adequate, and his volleys are good, but not even that great. So yes, his lack of game is what makes me not like him. He's one of the least interesting players on tour.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts