Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clean win as you'd expect. Kecmanovic raised his level in the 2nd set after a lackluster 1st, but Raonic did as well and his weapons are just too big for him.

4th consecutive SF at IW for Milos.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
This match had like only winners and no unforced errors yet it was boring as hell.

First time I saw Kecmanovic in HD and not on a stream on ATP site. I thought he is a bit better. He's like a poor man's Coric a little bit.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Raonic quietly having another good tournament. He's continually underrated here by most - including me, I admit.

First time I saw Kecmanovic in HD and not on a stream on ATP site. I thought he is a bit better. He's like a poor man's Coric a little bit.
That's not saying much since Coric is playing like a poor man's Coric himself right now :p

·
Registered
14,493 Posts
Raonic might just reach the final from here. He's playing well enough for that.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Way to go Milos! Excellent match but he needs to increase his 1st serve % if he is to make the finals and potentially win the whole thing.

Really hope he finally goes all the way and wins a M1000, time is slowly running out for him with the big 3 still dominant and the next gens stepping it up lately.

·
Registered
14,493 Posts
Really hope he finally goes all the way and wins a M1000, time is slowly running out for him with the big 3 still dominant and the next gens stepping it up lately.
No, time is running out mainly because this year he will push 30, and provided that GenUseless players have been so very prone to injuries, him notwithstanding, nothing is granted beyond that age.
So he should use every opportunity wisely.

Btw it's my #12,222 post on MTF.

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
No, time is running out mainly because this year he will push 30, and provided that GenUseless players have been so very prone to injuries, him notwithstanding, nothing is granted beyond that age.
So he should use every opportunity wisely.
Well, Stefanos is ranked ahead of him. Also, he's actually behind Stanimal's pace. Stan was ranked in the top 10 at 28 and 2 months.

Stan did not win his first slam until he was 28 and 10 months. So Milos still has time to develop and win some slams before next generation takes over.

Kei, OTOH, his shot was this year's AO. He'll be the first of Gen Useless to age out.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I clearly see Milos in the final.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Positives for Kecmanovic... he has yet to learn, especially in tactics department.
Not enough depth on neutral rally shots; not enough mixing of the rhythm.
Glad to see no fitness related issues, although he could work on flexibility. He rarely reached extremely wide shots, but, tbf his relatively short build doesn't help either.
His mental toughness is still hard to estimate, but the first impression is that he can keep his composure in tight spots. Raonic was just too bad of a match-up for him at this point.
It could be a right time for him to form a proper and comprehensive coaching team.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts