Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lleyton has managed to put back to back wins together at Indian Wells before dissapointingly, yet predictably, going out in a tie-breaker. I'm really gutted as Indian Wells is my favourite tourney and also the event where IMO Lleyton plays his best tennis and I genuinely thought he'd get to face Roger in the Semi's and, if he could turn the tie-breaker situation around, perhaps even shock the tennis world and win IW again. Still, with Miami coming up there is a chance to move up the rankings again with nothing to defend.
So, how are we all feeling about Lleyton's chances here?

·
Registered
349 Posts
i honestly don't know, i am at the point where i promised myself i would not get angry when lleyton loses because to be frank he only has at the most 2 good years left in him...he has the type of game which has teared his body and face it...he cant beat 6 ft 10 giants...right now i am pleased when he wins and if he doesn't...i just move on...some people may disagree with me but that is how i feel and i am entitled to my opinion. before i used to get angry at him whenever he lost and would not pay attention to him for a few days...but now i just want him to enjoy playing tennis...and rochey and him have been working for over half a year now and still he has not won a SINGLE title...not even a small tourney...i don't know what to say...if he wins another major i will be the happiest person in the world if he doesn't oh well...so his chances of winning of miami are slim...but i hope im wrong...sorry this is my rant for today...ive been having a bad day

Reactions: MusicMyst

·
Registered
858 Posts
I think Lleyton was brilliant statistically his loss to fish wasnt bad, I dont know how he lost the breaker, i didnt watch it but he didnt lose serve in the last 19 games or something, brilliant achievement and he crushed some good players, his game is there, hell never be number 1 not even close, but he does have a major title left in him, I actually believe the game is there and the body looks pretty strong, its just that his strongest asset (his mind) isnt quite at the same place it used to be, he doesnt have the believe and dogged determination he once did. Its something that happened to rafa and then after that match with tsonga, rafa got his mojo back and just beat blake by going out and winning it even when he was down and out. Hewitt still hasnt had the "mojo" match, he needs a win against a big player or a win from a really tough match where he plays brilliant tennis to come through. Good luck cos he needs it big time, and he deserves to be in the top echelon of the game.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
i honestly don't know, i am at the point where i promised myself i would not get angry when lleyton loses because to be frank he only has at the most 2 good years left in him...he has the type of game which has teared his body and face it...he cant beat 6 ft 10 giants...right now i am pleased when he wins and if he doesn't...i just move on...some people may disagree with me but that is how i feel and i am entitled to my opinion. before i used to get angry at him whenever he lost and would not pay attention to him for a few days...but now i just want him to enjoy playing tennis...and rochey and him have been working for over half a year now and still he has not won a SINGLE title...not even a small tourney...i don't know what to say...if he wins another major i will be the happiest person in the world if he doesn't oh well...so his chances of winning of miami are slim...but i hope im wrong...sorry this is my rant for today...ive been having a bad day
This sums up how I feel really.
Lleyton's run in IW wasn't that bad, I really didn't think he could take out Youzhny so it was a pleasant surprise. He could've overcome Fish easily though it didn't happen... oh well. Best of luck for Miami.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
i still feel like i expect lleyton to do well but him losing earlier in tournaments doesn't annyo me as much as it use to. He's hasn't had a good start to the season, lost to guccione in sydney, seppi in rotterdam, benneteau in las vegas, had a decent run at AO and that was rally it, the match in sydney, you felt like lleyton couldn't get out of his shell and just played the ball back. I don't know about this week, i wasn't sure he was going to get past youzhny but thought he could beat fish and then lost another close match, the struggling in close situations concern me the most really, like he's lacking confidence, i didn't see any of his matches at IW so i can't comment.

Hope he does well in Miami

·
Registered
349 Posts
2nd- jose acasuoso
3rd- tommy robredo
4th- roger federer

let's see if he wins after that... GOOD LUCK LLEYTON!!!!! i'm feeling pretty good about 4th round clash since federer is having some trouble...C'MON

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yeah that's not a bad draw. I'd be slightly apprehensive that Roger will be out to prove a point and will really try and put on the mother of a all shows against Lleyton but Lleyton must view this as an opportunity that he has earned (should he get that far of course)..... in short: COME ON LLEYTON!

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Acasuso? :scared: Lleyton lost to him in Davis Cup SF 2006 and also at the US Open last year! :bigcry:

Revenge! :devil:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Seen the fact that Fish went on to play the final, and took a set there from Djoko, the result in Indian Wells was not bad at all.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well then...... (I can't find a smiley which accurately describes my feelings at this moment, sorry....... in the mean time, below are a dog and a cat)

:dog::cat:

Onto clay we go. Come on champ!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts