Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 389 Posts

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Name: BNP Paribas Open Category: ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Place: Indian Wells, U.S.A. Date: 08.03.2012-18.03.2012 Draw Size: S-96 D-32 Surface: Hard Prize Money: $ 4,694,969 Total Financial Commitment: $ 5,549,969 Ticket Hotline: +1 800 999 1585

this is just days away now. dubai duty free is just about a done deal now.

lets get this party started already.

who pulls up here as the heavy favorite? can nodjok defend his title or will he meet some resistence from the other 3 top guns?

what are your expectations for Fed, murray, clay warrior, and nodjok here?

does anybody else has a chance to get into the final? could d-pot be a dark horse?

take it away and have a blast.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Re: Indian Wells 2012 : Fireside Chats in the Desert

Clay warrior's got this figured out - while Fed, Djoko & Murray are dueling it out thousands of miles away in Dubai, he's relaxing in the Dominican Republic - a bit of tennis practice, a bit of golfing and a bit of relaxation on the beach - plus closer to the States and getting used to the time zone. Will be far less of a jump from there to IW than for the rest of them. This new warm up routine for tournaments will set trends - all about having a tropical holiday to get ready for the most important part of your season. :cool:

More seriously any of Murray, Djokovic or Nadal could win it. It's best of three - anything can happen. Murray's form better than Novak's. Nadal's a question mark - is he rusty? Or is he more motivated? And all importantly - the draw - who gets Raonic? Del Po? Monfils? Tsonga? Isner? All those things will be huge. Federer winning it would be a surprise. Getting past 2 of Murray/Rafa/Djoko in best of 3 on slow, outdoor HCs is a big ask.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts

I think Murray is going to be very, very strong in Indian Wells and Miami, he is motivated like hell this year and he got Lendl on his side. I expect atleast one Murray-Djokovic final, their rivalry will really kick off at this stage.

Watch out for Del Potro as long as he doesnt end up playing Fed early on.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts

Can this be a poolside chat? I wouldn't like to be in the hot desert in front of a fireplace.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts

Watch out too for Davydenko i think he might do some damage !

·
Registered
2,723 Posts

Watch out too for Davydenko i think he might do some damage !
I agree :worship:

Prize money is big at Indian Wells and we all know he needs the cash. Davydenko to cause some upsets.
:eek:

·
Banned
3,862 Posts

I guess after Dubai it's clear to anybody that Nole has no chance at IW.Murray,excuse me,The Tradesman,is surely a huge favourite.He now possess physical strength of The Incredible Hulk and he's trained by the guru who walks on water,Lendl.

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts

I guess after Dubai it's clear to anybody that Nole has no chance at IW.Murray,excuse me,The Tradesman,is surely a huge favourite.He now possess physical strength of The Incredible Hulk and he's trained by the guru who walks on water,Lendl.
Good post, will be sending a good rep your way.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts

Big 4 semis.
anyone of them could win it.

Unless........
Murray faces Young or Bogo.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Clay warrior's got this figured out - while Fed, Djoko & Murray are dueling it out thousands of miles away in Dubai, he's relaxing in the Dominican Republic - a bit of tennis practice, a bit of golfing and a bit of relaxation on the beach - plus closer to the States and getting used to the time zone. Will be far less of a jump from there to IW than for the rest of them. This new warm up routine for tournaments will set trends - all about having a tropical holiday to get ready for the most important part of your season. :cool:

More seriously any of Murray, Djokovic or Nadal could win it. It's best of three - anything can happen. Murray's form better than Novak's. Nadal's a question mark - is he rusty? Or is he more motivated? And all importantly - the draw - who gets Raonic? Del Po? Monfils? Tsonga? Isner? All those things will be huge. Federer winning it would be a surprise. Getting past 2 of Murray/Rafa/Djoko in best of 3 on slow, outdoor HCs is a big ask.

too good Ash86.

lets hope he puts in the time on the court and on the fitness front too.

i saw pics of that home in the dominican republic. its awesome. must be nice to have that kind of luxury.

i am picking murray to snatch the indian wells title.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts

I got my duty free alcohol already CD, how bout you? I wont be sober much of the way the next few months.

Its gonna be a blast, the masters then the French..then a breath then the Championships, Wimbledon.

Then a deeper breath and the US Open will be here. I cant wait!

I think Andy Murray is so close to turning the corner now. He is not knocking on the door anymore, he is banging on it. Hes a lock for the Semis of the rest of the slams this year, its up to him how far he goes.

Nadal, Fed and Djoker, you know the deal already with them. They will be there or thereabouts. Del Potro no chance unless he gets over his mental issues with Fed. Raonic and Isner a chance as always.

I pick Murray to take home either Inidan or Miami though. Something tells me it wont be Fedal or Djoker both of these titles.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Re: Indian Wells 2012 : Poolside Chats in the Desert

WTF is a fireside chat?

·
Registered
987 Posts

Uhm I don't see Djokovic defending his tittle, it can be..but I won't be surprised if he doesn't, he is not playing like last year, but still good. Murray is more confident right now and he is playing really well, about Nadal..I'm not sure because he was not playing...so I won't say anything about him, and Roger..Roger is Roger, I think he can win this, he is playing more consistent since the US open and I think he is mentally stronger than before, but this court is very slow..so..Roger of Murray for me.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

Let's face it. Djokovic is smart. He just wants slams and to keep Nadal from breaking Roger's record. I mean that's his only purpose in life and I appreciate that. :D

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Uhm I don't see Djokovic defending his tittle, it can be..but I won't be surprised if he doesn't, he is not playing like last year, but still good. Murray is more confident right now and he is playing really well, about Nadal..I'm not sure because he was not playing...so I won't say anything about him, and Roger..Roger is Roger, I think he can win this, he is playing more consistent since the US open and I think he is mentally stronger than before, but this court is very slow..so..Roger of Murray for me.
murray may not win the dubai title but he has to be installed as one of the favorites for the title in indian wells.

also murray has most to prove this year as far as i am concerned.

·
Registered
574 Posts

The surface here is ridiculously slow.Destroy something,John!

1 - 20 of 389 Posts