Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the on-going Swedish league, something very extraordinary happened yesterday. Oscar Pallin (career high 769 Feb 06) was down a set and 6-1 in the second set tiebreak against Jacob Melskens (career high 773 Mar 06). At one set all, a match tiebreak is played. From that point on, Pallin won 14 consecutive points to win the second set breaker 8-6 and race away with a 7-0 lead in the match tiebreak. Melskens eventually won just one more point in the match, with Pallin winning 17 of the last 18 points. This is one of the craziest comebacks I've ever heard about.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I once led a club match 6-0, 5-0 and then nearly had a mental breakdown, but somehow managed to win 6-0, 6-4.

In another match I had won the first set 6-1 against a player far below my level. Yet I still lost the second set 5-7 and got behind 2-5 in the third set. I then pulled my act together and won 4 games in a row to serve for the match at 6-5 in the third. Then I managed to lose 12 points on a row to get broken to love and then lose the deciding tie-break 0-7. Quite a comeback by my opponent - or rather, a complete breakdown by me.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I once led a club match 6-0, 5-0 and then nearly had a mental breakdown, but somehow managed to win 6-0, 6-4.

In another match I had won the first set 6-1 against a player far below my level. Yet I still lost the second set 5-7 and got behind 2-5 in the third set. I then pulled my act together and won 4 games in a row to serve for the match at 6-5 in the third. Then I managed to lose 12 points on a row to get broken to love and then lose the deciding tie-break 0-7. Quite a comeback by my opponent - or rather, a complete breakdown by me.
I had a similar match to that. I won the first set against a inferior opponent 6-0, and then somehow managed to lose the second set 4-6. In the match tie-break I was down 2-9, and came back to win 9 straight points and take the match. :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was playing in a match a couple weeks ago and I lost the first set 6-3 and was down 5-1 (40-15). I came back and pulled out the game, to make it 5-2. On the changed over, my opponent must have thought he had the match won, (my serve struggled greatly through the first two sets), and he told me about an adjustment I should make. I'm not sure why he did this, but that was a mistake. I took his advise and made the adjustment. I came back and won the second set 7-5 and won the third set 6-1. I walked off the court and once I was out of my opponents sight, I laughed for about 30 minutes. That was a first for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts