Mens Tennis Forums banner

In your mind Djokovic lost official match in this year?

• yes (as he was strange really and it feels like he going to give match in any case)

• no

• yes (i just follow rules - DQ is losing match)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Of course, it was a monumental loss. It was the worse loss of the year for any player.

It is a rare event. He is only the 7th man to have been defaulted in the Open Era.

A default is worse than a retirement, or even a triple bagel.

Even unintentionally, he was kicked out for careless or reckless aggravated behavior against a defenseless, innocent woman, who was doing her job, looking at the line, not at him. It took only 1/2 second for the ball he hit at about 86 kph to reach her throat. He was lucky it didn't more seriously injure her. It would be embarrassing for any player, much less the #1.

He was stripped of points and prize money for the tournament, and could have even been suspended.

He is the highest ranked player to suffer a default (McEnroe was #4 in 1990), so some might say it is the greatest loss all time (GLOAT), but I'm not sure about the Pro-Am Era..

Shamefully,
masterclass

·
Registered
273 Posts
No, it doesn’t count. The match was in its early stages when it abruptly ended. I seriously doubt PCB would have won the match if it had finished

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
He beat himself, which means that he lost this match and won it at the same time.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Eurosport British commentary called him unbeaten this year. Not sure, but if the DQ remains his sole loss in 2020. I'd be delighted and have no problem with it whatsoever.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
No, it doesn’t count. The match was in its early stages when it abruptly ended. I seriously doubt PCB would have won the match if it had finished
Correct. It only means Novak has to wait even longer to fulfill his destiny of becoming the greatest player of ALLTIME. It's all coming in the next 5 years.

·
Registered
10,756 Posts
It does not matter what anyone thinks "in their mind", because this is not a subjective call that fans get to make based on their favourites. Only fantasists argue that he is still carrying over his winning streak after the US Open.

He lost against Carreno-Busta. It is his fault that he lost. I agree that he would probably have won the match if he didn't get himself disqualified - but he did, so that is irrelevant speculation based on a fictional fantasy world.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
It's a gimp season, doesn't really matter if he goes undefeated or not.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
No.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
It may technically count as a loss, in reality not one set was taken or completed & we’re gonna find out who’s boss in QF anyway.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well, it doesn't really matter what we think in our minds since that's totally subjective. A DQ means a loss, it's how it's stated in the rules, therefore Djokovic lost. Some of these threads ...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts