Mens Tennis Forums banner

In which month this year will Nole become #1?

21 - 40 of 115 Posts

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
I would love for you to be happy for your birthday Linda, but you know your boy becoming Number 1 is the one single thing (tennis wise) that would make me more unhappy than almost anything else :awww:
:awww: He's only got months left to play tennis. Surely you cann't begrudge him a week or two at the top before he retires?

Nice to see another May birthday though :) Are you the beginning or the end? In other words, a stubborn, obstinate Taurus or a schizophrenic Gemini? :) :p
:rolls: I'm Taurus.

·
Registered
101 Posts
In the end of year, in november

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
:awww: He's only got months left to play tennis. Surely you cann't begrudge him a week or two at the top before he retires?

:rolls: I'm Taurus.
Actually - yes I can - sorry :awww: You see - the thing is- I am Taurus too, and you know how stubborn, awkward, obstinate and, (dare I say), "pig"-headed we Taureans are :eek: And besides, Dima has just lost the first set, and the damn scoreboard keeps on sticking, so I am not in the mood for favours for anyone :lol:

:secret: We Taureans are meant to be really passionate AND beautiful people though - I'm sure you will agree :lol:

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Anyways it is so unfair that Nole would become #1 before Rafa :mad::sad:
Unfair? Why? Nadal couldn't take the advantage, he wasn't good enough to be no.1, if Nole overtakes him to no.1 spot he deserves it.

·
Registered
20,460 Posts
Unfair? Why? Nadal couldn't take the advantage, he wasn't good enough to be no.1, if Nole overtakes him to no.1 spot he deserves it.
It's unfair because poor Rafa had to deal with Roger at his peak while Djoko only has to deal with a "declining, destroyed by Fish" Roger :awww:

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Anyways it is so unfair that Nole would become #1 before Rafa :mad::sad:

i hear you. its a very tough deal but what can we do. he just never bothered to improve. the competition was not too stiff and he was comfortably sitting on a 2000+ points lead. Djokovic stormed the scene last year and is now in the process of taking over the show. he is merely 425 points off the #2 spot now.

basically, the Clay Monster is going to have to get serious. its time to take the fitness to new heights and also consult the likes of Agassi, Cahill, and Tony Roche.

its also time to ditch the women, golf, fishing, and soccer games for a while and take the game more seriously. Nike could pull the contract. they placed a huge bet on him. Reebok showed no hesitation in pulling the contract on Roddick.

he is not only not improving but he is also allowing his fitness to decline. that is my biggest worry because it takes him out a fight in long drawn out matches now. he said after the match against Djokovic that he was very tired from his 2 matches against Blake and Tsonga at Indian Wells. he even had a day off prior to playing Djokovic.

so yes it is tough that he wont see #1 this year but it will be even tougher if he never sees that spot. he has to rededicate himself to the game and come back stronger than ever next year.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
Actually - yes I can - sorry :awww: You see - the thing is- I am Taurus too, and you know how stubborn, awkward, obstinate and, (dare I say), "pig"-headed we Taureans are :eek: And besides, Dima has just lost the first set, and the damn scoreboard keeps on sticking, so I am not in the mood for favours for anyone :lol:
:lol: Fair enough.
:secret: We Taureans are meant to be really passionate AND beautiful people though - I'm sure you will agree :lol:
:yeah:

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
i hear you. its a very tough deal but what can we do. he just never bothered to improve. the competition was not too stiff and he was comfortably sitting on a 2000+ points lead. Djokovic stormed the scene last year and is now in the process of taking over the show. he is merely 425 points off the #2 spot now.

basically, the Clay Monster is going to have to get serious. its time to take the fitness to new heights and also consult the likes of Agassi, Cahill, and Tony Roche.

its also time to ditch the women, golf, fishing, and soccer games for a while and take the game more seriously. Nike could pull the contract. they placed a huge bet on him. Reebok showed no hesitation in pulling the contract on Roddick.

he is not only not improving but he is also allowing his fitness to decline. that is my biggest worry because it takes him out a fight in long drawn out matches now. he said after the match against Djokovic that he was very tired from his 2 matches against Blake and Tsonga at Indian Wells. he even had a day off prior to playing Djokovic.

so yes it is tough that he wont see #1 this year but it will be even tougher if he never sees that spot. he has to rededicate himself to the game and come back stronger than ever next year.
:haha: :yeah:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Novak if you take off Miami results, is 1700 points behind Fed with some points to gain on the clay masters but then two GS semi's, an MS and then a GS final and Vienna?
Fed can also gain at Rome and has only 1 optional so he can gain anytime he feels threatened....

I don't see where all these points are gonna come from. It would have to be some gigantic results from Nole on clay and everywhere whilst Roger is gonna have to be fucking around. He is better now and improving so...

·
Registered
948 Posts
Well Novak sure stired both Nadal and Fed up. That's a success in my book, they were so far ahead.

But I have no doubt we'll see a lot more greatness, from Fed especially.:wavey:

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
Well, he is defending 500 points this week, and Rafa 125 so he is 800 points back right now. After Miami he could be a little closer. Worst case scenario (Nole wins :( Rafa loses 2st round) Rafa will be 505 points ahead going into MC (if Nole doesn't defend Estoril)

But Rafa is fighting injury :shrug: Why, the latest press revelations have him retiring be season's end! :sad:

Even if Rafa stops winning completely, he'll remain the most recognisable male star tennis has. Image is everything, man :cool: He's writing a blog from Miami. Another distraction!!!!

If only YOU were his coach :hug:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Novak if you take off Miami results, is 1700 points behind Fed with some points to gain on the clay masters but then two GS semi's, an MS and then a GS final and Vienna?
Fed can also gain at Rome and has only 1 optional so he can gain anytime he feels threatened....

I don't see where all these points are gonna come from. It would have to be some gigantic results from Nole on clay and everywhere whilst Roger is gonna have to be fucking around. He is better now and improving so...
I dont think Novak's goal is to gather additional 1700 points. It is more like "I need to deffend my points and gain additional 1000, while taking 700 from Federer's pool" :)

·
Registered
86,336 Posts
let them (Roger, Rafa and Nole) play the tournaments and then we'll see. :) Personally I don't think it's gonna be in 2008.

21 - 40 of 115 Posts