Mens Tennis Forums banner

In which month this year will Nole become #1?

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Tomorrow.

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
He's already the best player in the world. NO. 1 in the atp race....

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Does anyone realize how many points Djokovic has to defend this year. He started performing well at IW last year and made the final. This year he bettered and won it. But from this point on he has more to defend than to gain( other than clay Master's series). He has two Master's series titles to defend, two GS semifinals, one GS final, one master's series semifinal and Vienna if I remember correctly. So we have to wait and see.

Reactions: VolandriFan

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
Does anyone realize how many points Djokovic has to defend this year. He started performing well at IW last year and made the final. This year he bettered and won it. But from this point on he has more to defend than to gain( other than clay Master's series). He has two Master's series titles to defend, two GS semifinals, one GS final, one master's series semifinal and Vienna if I remember correctly. So we have to wait and see.
No worries Hema...... Djerk is already a better player than Roger at his best. Roger easily defended his points for 4 years. It'll be a walk in the park for Djerk to defend his pts.

·
Registered
14,409 Posts
no idea

I still hope he won't to be honest and that he could struggle on clay this year for some reason, although even I myself do not really believe this:eek:

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
No worries Hema...... Djerk is already a better player than Roger at his best. Roger easily defended his points for 4 years. It'll be a walk in the park for Djerk to defend his pts.
Thanks for correcting me Sheryl. How could I be so naive to think that he wouldn't win them all:banghead:

·
Registered
27,928 Posts
this is kind of a weird thread

anyway, you forget that roger also has a lot of points to defend doesnt he? besides djokovic may win a few points during the clay season.

It may not happen this year, but there's a possibility.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Not this year, unless Federer struggles during USO and Wimby. If Federer doesn't reach semis in these two competitions and Djokovic nails them, he is number 1 after USO.

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
He may not become Number 1 this year, but if he became Number 2 in May it would be a wonderful Brithday present for me :) :angel:

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
He may not become Number 1 this year, but if he became Number 2 in May it would be a wonderful Brithday present for me :) :angel:
My birthday is also in May, and this would displease me greatly :(

Unless, of course, Rafa somehow becomes #1 at the same time :D

Then we could both be happy :dance: ;)

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts

I would love for you to be happy for your birthday Linda, but you know your boy becoming Number 1 is the one single thing (tennis wise) that would make me more unhappy than almost anything else :awww: Nice to see another May birthday though :) Are you the beginning or the end? In other words, a stubborn, obstinate Taurus or a schizophrenic Gemini? :) :p

·
Registered
244 Posts
You are right, he has a lot to defend, and he was never in situation like this before. Not sure how will he handle the pressure where he has to defend points week after week.
I dont like predictions, but here is one scenario: if from this point both Roger and Novak have exactly the same season like last year all the way to US Open (a lot points to defend for both of them), and Novak wins US Open beating Roger in final, then I think decission could happen on AMC, where Roger had to deffend 650, while Novak has 0. Both of them had pretty bad indoor season (except Roger winning AMC), so not too much to defend there.

·
Banned
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

It is so funny that Nole and i share the same birthday, May 22 :p but we were born in different years.... ROTFL.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts