Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who do you want to see do better in the coming future?

• Sinner

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Mussetti

Votes: 36 65.5%
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Musetti looks like another Gasquet with that crappy forehand. Sinner just another dull baseline ball basher.
Shoot, well who do you want to see? These two seem pretty promising. Or will tennis die off with the big 3?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Its slightly better , but someone needs to help him take the ball earlier. Side swiping the forehand is disastrous in the long run. He needs to be taught to come across the ball , rotating with the full body and step in earlier.

The poll results : I wonder if this is like Federer vs. Djokovic popularity. ?

Most of MTF wants to have Musetti do better. Is the all court game that much more attractive to the average fan?
It's true that he cannot afford to 'side swipe' too much on HC. This will need some adjustments. But he already has the skill to shorten the swing and go for a drive winner. His grip is ok. I therefore consider his FH more than just slightly better than Richard's. Let's see how it evolves.
Different fans seek different things in players. Those who like Federer will probably also enjoy Lorenzo's play. I'm one of them.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Good response. Don't worry I'm not out to get you, just curious.

Djokovic is still very relevant and honestly don't see any reason his body can't hold to up to be straight setting either of these guys at any of the coming slams.
Yeah, fair and square. I simply took the invitation and made it entertaining for me and I hope for some readers to write it that way with a bit of fire and humor in it. I recognised it from your post that you did not mean it in a mean way. But I decided to go with my initial thought on your question for more fun.

So no worries from my side and no need for worries from your side. All good. Thanks for appreciating.

Reactions: Kowchi

·
Premium Member
11,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Yeah, fair and square. I simply took the invitation and made it entertaining for me and I hope for some readers to write it that way with a bit of fire and humor in it. I recognised it from your post that you did not mean it in a mean way. But I decided to go with my initial thought on your question for more fun.

So no worries from my side and no need for worries from your side. All good. Thanks for appreciating.
Doesn't matter anyway, bar another elbow surgery or literally a broken ankle , back or something career threatening , you won't have to think about either of these guys for at least another 5 years , as shown by AO 2021. Djokovic , even under incredible pain and strain , was able to vanquish his much younger and fitter opponent.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I'm no longer gonna invest emotion and energy in more one-handers with an all court game — then watch them get slowly grinded to a halt by two-handed workhorses.

Enough is enough. Did it — dun it — got the t shirt.

So as far as these Italian duo is concerned, I'm gonna be committed to supporting the two hand dude.

Father forgive me, for I truly am a Sinner.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
If you're from north of Rome, you're a northerner. If you're above the Po, you're not Italian.
Wait so if you're from Milan you're not Italian? interesting...

·
Premium Member
11,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
34 Musetti

18 Sinner.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts