Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who do you want to see do better in the coming future?

• Sinner

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Mussetti

Votes: 36 65.5%
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
justice for all
17,602 Posts
Prefer Musetti for the style of play and also the flair.

But I kinda like Sinner too and admittedly at this stage Jannik looks like a safer bet for a better career.

But, Lorenzo is younger so maybe and I hope so he'll develop into a great player too.

·
MONSOON season.
82,384 Posts
Musetti, without a doubt. More interesting game and with an on-court personality.

OP, at leats learn to spell the players' names if you start a thread about them.

·
Registered
221 Posts
A few days ago Musetti made the following statement regrading clay and playing in Italy in particular:
“When we were practising these [past few] days, I felt the ball so good and I have good feelings, I think it is going to be really nice and I think I will surprise [others] in the clay season. I am really looking forward to playing on clay.”

Today he delivered a 🥯and a 🥖.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Like Musetti's style more. Remains to be seen how he develops: I still think he absolutely needs to do something about his return position, he can't start every return point playing 5 m behind the baseline.

Reactions: guitarra

·
Premium Member
11,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Out of respect, you should correct Musetti name spelling.
Musetti, without a doubt. More interesting game and with an on-court personality.

OP, at leats learn to spell the players' names if you start a thread about them.
Corrected everywhere but the Poll! My bad.

Reactions: CooCooCachoo

·
Registered
Federer
98 Posts
When the Big 3 retire and are out of the picture it will be easier I believe to have an attachment to one of these up and comers. Either that or they start defeating them in slams. I guarantee the moment (if it ever happens) that someone like Sinner/Musetti does that it will be natural to get behind them. For now, I just want to see anyone break through. Literally anyone. Until then, I don't really have a preference as to who. I believe Sinner has the best chance though of the two as it stands.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I wish both of them all the best, but if I had to choose which of them I'd want to see win more slams, gamewise I'll go with Beauty over the Beast, so it's Federenzo Musetti for me.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Sinnertard here so I have say Sinner. I personally just enjoy Sinner’s pure ball-striking more than the so called ‘beauty’ of Musetti’s game. I don’t need my tennis players to prance around like a ballerina.

People also say Sinner is boring but I like that he is a silent assassin.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Musseti because he is not a robot and actually has a personality. Sinner is exciting now because he is young and that makes him different but I don’t him boring me to death in the long run.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Musetti looks like another Gasquet with that crappy forehand. Sinner just another dull baseline ball basher.
In both cases the FH sticks out because of Musetti's FH grip is different than Gasquet's. Lorenzo can pull the trigger faster and is more comfortable to play inside out. In short, I think Musetti's FH is better.

·
Premium Member
11,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
In both cases the FH sticks out because of Musetti's FH grip is different than Gasquet's. Lorenzo can pull the trigger faster and is more comfortable to play inside out. In short, I think Musetti's FH is better.
Its slightly better , but someone needs to help him take the ball earlier. Side swiping the forehand is disastrous in the long run. He needs to be taught to come across the ball , rotating with the full body and step in earlier.

The poll results : I wonder if this is like Federer vs. Djokovic popularity. ?

Most of MTF wants to have Musetti do better. Is the all court game that much more attractive to the average fan?

21 - 40 of 49 Posts