Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who do you want to see do better in the coming future?

• Sinner

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Mussetti

Votes: 36 65.5%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Italian tennis has both Sinner and Musetti as the probable torch bearers . Both guys are superbly talented, seem decently clutch , but also have very different games.

Sinner brings in the most consistent aggressive baseline play since Berdych or Peak Davydenko. He destroys the ball off of both wings and is already coming up and making his way towards the top 10.

Musetti has a talented, effortless all around game , utilizing all parts of the court, throwing in drop shots, coming to net, etc. His forehand could use some work , but he looks to be an up-and-coming main stay player.

Which of these two do you want to see do better in the upcoming future? This isn't asking who WILL do better , but who do you want to see do better? Sorry MTF, no neither option in the poll you can vote or not vote.

Reactions: RNW

·
Premium Member
12,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Moderator | PreviewBot
12,732 Posts
Sinner but I can see myself supporting Musetti too.

Reactions: Kowchi

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Want ?
In the long run ?

I am out. Too early for me to call what I would want. Want to see more of them first. For me personally on- and off the court are both relevant indicators to determine my sincere preference.

·
Premium Member
12,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really want Sinner to do well, but having Mussetti play an all court game on clay and get a better forehand would be great for the game (y)

·
Premium Member
12,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Want ?
In the long run ?

I am out. Too early for me to call what I would want. Want to see more of them first. For me personally on- and off the court are both relevant indicators to determine my sincere preference.
You don't have an impression at this time? Or just been watching Djokovic only and haven't paid attention to either player?

Reactions: scriabina

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Find both of them very exciting prospects and can see myself shouting for both in the years to come.

I really hope Musetti can transform his FH into something more powerful and efficient and elegant; otherwise he may not fulfill his potential outside of clay. OTOH, it's be hilarious if the biggest clay-court champion of the future had a OHBH.

Anyway, the thought of these two guys playing a slam final in a few years' time & going all-out for each other's throats, has me salivating in anticipation.

Pity for Italy that these two guys come of age during the current Davis/ATP Cup mess.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Both please - but there's no option for multiple votes here OP.

But I do have a particular order in mind: Jannik first, Musetti right after him. Just can't choose only one of them as I like them both. I see more potential in Jannik overall, but Musetti's got a lot of time to improve his game still, just like Jannik does.

Forza Azzurri! 💙 This according to how I feel should not be used in football/soccer/calcio alone, as the Italian tennis is doing great and it's future looks just as bright as well.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I like both players, actually much more than the current next gen, so hopefully they will win big titles and slams. It is also nice that they have very different games and personalities, that's good for the game and even for Italy. If they had to play a big final against each other, I really don't know who I would support, I would probably try to appreciate some good tennis. I would not be surprised to see Sinner in the top 10 by the end of the year and Musetti in the top 30.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I hope they both have a successful career and win several Slams, maybe facing each other in final from time to time

Hard to make a choice though, Sinner seems to have a great mindset, very focused and hard-working, but well one-handed backhand is very sweet too..

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Pity for Italy that these two guys come of age during the current Davis/ATP Cup mess.
As long as they'll win slams etc Italy will definitely be fine.
The hype here is going out of control already, Cassano (a former football player, I don't know if you've heard of him) already said that Sinner's the future Djokovic and Musetti the next Federer.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
You don't have an impression at this time? Or just been watching Djokovic only and haven't paid attention to either player?
Ouh, spicy, scathing. Kowchi is out for some meat. Let me see what I can get you.

Boys are 19. Tough to already lean yourself on one or the other if you are serious with your bias craft. I have something in mind but I will not allow to fool myself too early and let de kids play for the bigger ones first.

So watch time may have been enough for some of you folks but not for me. Long-run decisions will be made in a few years if both remain relevant. Nowadays young adulthood tennis relevancies do not begin before 23/24 anyway. Therefore I will have my time watching Djokovic till he retires before leaning towards any of the Italian boys. In the meantime the Djoker might give his own call on these guys after he booked his first sooner or later to be expected losses against them. So I will trust the judgement of the Open Era number one of the number one's who is fluent in Italian.

Reactions: Kowchi

·
Premium Member
Stan Wawrinka
4,107 Posts
Sinner with better ranking in the next years, maybe more tournament wins (250/500s).
Musetti with more spectacular wins and maybe he wins first a Grand Slam.

·
Premium Member
12,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ouh, spicy, scathing. Kowchi is out for some meat. Let me see what I can get you.

Boys are 19. Tough to already lean yourself on one or the other if you are serious with your bias craft. I have something in mind but I will not allow to fool myself too early and let de kids play for the bigger ones first.

So watch time may have been enough for some of you folks but not for me. Long-run decisions will be made in a few years if both remain relevant. Nowadays young adulthood tennis relevancies do not begin before 23/24 anyway. Therefore I will have my time watching Djokovic till he retires before leaning towards any of the Italian boys. In the meantime the Djoker might give his own call on these guys after he booked his first sooner or later to be expected losses against them. So I will trust the judgement of the Open Era number one of the number one's who is fluent in Italian.
Good response. Don't worry I'm not out to get you, just curious.

Djokovic is still very relevant and honestly don't see any reason his body can't hold to up to be straight setting either of these guys at any of the coming slams.

·
Premium Member
12,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
As long as they'll win slams etc Italy will definitely be fine.
The hype here is going out of control already, Cassano (a former football player, I don't know if you've heard of him) already said that Sinner's the future Djokovic and Musetti the next Federer.
Wow that's bold :whistle:

Could you imagine Rome 2022 F Musetti vs. Sinner ? in person ?

·
Premium Member
12,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Also its better to start MTF hype earlier rather than later.

·
Registered
60,746 Posts
Mussetti's game is much more enjoyable and he has some personality

·
Registered
221 Posts
Find both of them very exciting prospects and can see myself shouting for both in the years to come.

I really hope Musetti can transform his FH into something more powerful and efficient and elegant; otherwise he may not fulfill his potential outside of clay. OTOH, it's be hilarious if the biggest clay-court champion of the future had a OHBH.

Anyway, the thought of these two guys playing a slam final in a few years' time & going all-out for each other's throats, has me salivating in anticipation.

I want to see more of Musetti because of this OHBH! But there be nothing hilarious if a one hander dominated clay. Has happened many times before, why not again. Thiem is not bad on clay either.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts