Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roland Garros, 2009 Championship Match

Federer shook off the second set episode and came through to take the title.

But looking back on that, was that weird or what?

Crazy world we live in. Could have turned out a lot worse.

Clothing Trousers Photograph Shirt Shorts

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
How slow were the security to react? Imagine if he had a knife or something. Federer handled it as well as anyone could have. If I were Federer, this nutcase was gonna get a punch in the face.

Reactions: JamieBlake

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How slow were the security to react? Imagine if he had a knife or something. Federer handled it as well as anyone could have. If I were Federer, this nutcase was gonna get a punch in the face.
It was really creepy. Sick feeling at the time it happened.

Hadn't given it much thought again until recently, and it seems even more outrageous with the passage of time.

That was bizarre how the security was in suspended animation. Didn't seem real.

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
It was really creepy. Sick feeling at the time it happened.

Hadn't given it much thought again until recently, and it seems even more outrageous with the passage of time.

That was bizarre how the security was in suspended animation. Didn't seem real.
A few years later, again at the French Open, another fan invaded the court and tried to get a selfie with Federer, who understandably wasn’t too pleased. Once again, the security was too slow to react.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I'm surprised he didn't smack him in the face with the side of the racket. IIRC there are no weapons checks at the gates at RG.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
What is worse is the lax European justice system. These troublemakers are arrested and then released the next day. So this Spanish guy took advantage of the soft touch of authorities and exploited it for money (made a whole career out of it). I hated that scum but I actually don't mind innocent and non-threatening disruptions like random streakings in Wimbledon or the Pussy Riot in Moscow world cup final. But this Jimmy Jump is different, he was a reckless dangerous nuisance, the type who gets in your face and is pushy and touchy-feely. He accosts his targets, causing accidents and endangering lives (at Formula one race track in his case). He and his type are volatile should be treated harshly. Because when you don't do that you literally destroy careers:

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
Poor young Monica not so fortunate as the the ‘spawn of Gunther Parche’ averted from the ‘chosen one’ of Swissland.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts

And also this one at RG.

·
Registered
Nadal
1,587 Posts
Federer acted like little girl he should have knocked the guy clean with his tennis Racquet. So Afraid Federer he would not have lasted past 20s in middle ages. ;)

·
Registered
16,883 Posts
Its amazing how Fed kept his cool and won it in straights. Thats why he's the 🐐

1 - 20 of 22 Posts