Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
US Open three years ago, the whole stadium rooting for one of the most resilient players and mentally strongest guy out there was not enough to beat a mental midget playing his first slam final :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Pretty cool work. With the big 3, it made it nearly impossible to have an undeserving “bad” player win a Slam.

So in this alternate reality, I’d say Gulbis and RBA would have been the worst players to win a Slam.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Safin/Nalbandian SHOULD have been as both guys were far more talented than Murray. If they were committed to the game, they would have been dominant into their 30s and their talents would have dominated the game for many years. Murray doesn't have crap on their raw abilities

·
Registered
14,775 Posts
Let's just all ignore the idiot above me who thinks safin and nalbandian have more talent than Sir Andy.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Safin/Nalbandian SHOULD have been as both guys were far more talented than Murray. If they were committed to the game, they would have been dominant into their 30s and their talents would have dominated the game for many years. Murray doesn't have crap on their raw abilities
+ Davydenko

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
This is really horseshit. Being able to win matches and having consistency are also talents - and pretty important ones in tennis. And Andy Murray was almost as consistent as the three most consistent players in history.

·
Registered
737 Posts
How is that surprising? Is it surprising to you he was only in 1 slam F since ‚09?
Surprising or not depends on perspective, I guess, but I wasn't thinking along that line.

In spite of injuries, I thought Delpo had made enough deep runs over the years to convert at least one of the semis into an alternative reality slams. After all, players like RBA, Gulbis, and Dimitrov got "slams" this way.

Turned out to be wrong, though, as someone not from the big three made it to the final in all of Delpo's four runs to the semi.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts