·
Super Moderator
8,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Good job!

Yeah, good evidence of how much Murray got blocked by Big3.

Godwrinka with 6 Slams :love:

... and how little LostGen was blocked by the Big3, especially if you don't inlcude Thiem with LostGen. 2 slams for Dimitrov. That's it. Everything else goes to Murray or the secondary GoldenGen players, or then to NextGen in the past two years.

·
Registered
15,320 Posts
Great thread. Except for a few Murray-fans, the expression "big four" has not been that much used by MTF-members. I must say, this list was a rather good argument for the validity of the big four concept. A bit surprising Delpo only got two slams.
How is that surprising? Is it surprising to you he was only in 1 slam F since ‚09?

Reactions: SetPointDown

·
Premium Member
8,956 Posts
Wawrinka losing against Dimitrav at AO :ROFLMAO: Even Raonic at Wimbledon is questionable.

Reactions: SetPointDown

·
Registered
15,545 Posts
How is that surprising? Is it surprising to you he was only in 1 slam F since ‚09?
You didn't need to be in a final in this system of IBM, if both finalists were Big3, but he also reached semis that way much rarely than before 2014.

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
The list is delegitimized by the lack of asterisks.

·
Super Moderator
8,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Registered
9,107 Posts

·
10,790 Posts
Only ones I want to change just at a Glance are AO 2013 - Wawrinka

Del Potro 2013 - Wimbledon.

MUGRAY fans are delusional if they think Murray was beating this version of Del Potro. It took DjokoBrojSamprasFederer - Ovick to barely beat this version of Del Potro.

@Claybot

Dr. Strange looked through all outcomes and there was only one where he won a slam.

·
Registered
15,545 Posts
MUGRAY fans are delusional if they think Murray was beating this version of Del Potro. It took DjokoBrojSamprasFederer - Ovick to barely beat this version of Del Potro.
o_O who was Broj though?

·
10,790 Posts

·
Registered
15,545 Posts

·
10,790 Posts
OK, you got me there for a moment.
Got to have some fun! Nah just a typo but to be fair Djokovic 2013 Wimbledon was actually superb pre finals. Just had to play a 4 hour epic against Del Potro , otherwise that would have been a Djokovic win.

·
Registered
15,545 Posts
Got to have some fun! Nah just a typo but to be fair Djokovic 2013 Wimbledon was actually superb pre finals. Just had to play a 4 hour epic against Del Potro , otherwise that would have been a Djokovic win.
I thought the same, though the heat did also contribute to his loss on that Sunday. Murray is still the better wind/heat player.

·
Premium Member
8,956 Posts
In 2017 the H2H was the opposite.
The slam h2h is all that matters and Wawrinka had his number. I like how Dimitards pretend he was owning Wawrinka who was known to tank BO3 like christmas. When he was motivated aka in slams, he roasted him on all fronts possible including grass.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The slam h2h is all that matters and Wawrinka had his number. I like how Dimitards pretend he was owning Wawrinka who was known to tank BO3 like christmas. When he was motivated aka in slams, he roasted him on all fronts possible including grass.
Excuse me. I forgot 19y Grigor played Stan once prior AO2017. That surely changes the game.

·
Premium Member
8,956 Posts
Excuse me. I forgot 19y Grigor played Stan once prior AO2017. That surely changes the game.
It's a slam so it changes the game for Wawrinka which is all that matters anyways.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts