Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would kind of ruin their OOP, right? Even now they have to postpone some matches for tomorrow

Kinda message for other GS officials :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
The roof on centre court at Wimbledon is due to be up at the tournament after next.. And apparently those in charge of the French Open have begun to consider installing their own roof so as not to be left behind..

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also heard that Artur Ashe Stadium will have a roof, but no confirmation yet

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts
I also heard that Artur Ashe Stadium will have a roof, but no confirmation yet
hopefully

because US Open 2003 was a real mess with all that rain

·
Registered
11,323 Posts
I remember a couple of years ago the French said they didn't want to put a roof over because it would take away the fighting elements from the players.

Theres like only been a couple of days completely rained out at the French.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember a couple of years ago the French said they didn't want to put a roof over because it would take away the fighting elements from the players
Some people need treatment

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
I don't recall so many rain delays at RG. But for sure Wimby's roof can't come soon enough and also the US Open badly needs one. I remember the commentators talking about it last year and they said it would cost an estimated $100million to put a roof over Arthur Ashe.

That should take off the nose-bleed tiers [pointless for viewing a tennis match] and then put a roof on..
Bigger is not always better.
Exactly, that would be the best solution. I reckon a reduction from 23,000 to something like 18,000 capacity with a retractable roof should be reasonable. The US Open makes the most money out of all the slams so they have no excuses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts