Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
97,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rain predicted in Washington and Sopot :umbrella:

I can confirm, already started to rain in Poland. Was planning Zabaleta over Almagro, odds atm are 2.7 :scratch:

Korolev over Mello 1.53 it's from Sunday...

Forecast says it's gonna rain in Sopot until Wednesday, I can easily see Kolya tanking in this rain to Pavel and Pavel is @4, worth risking. But I don't know when this match is gonna happen, just planning. Actually, I don't know anything how they're gonna play these matches in case it really rains :p.

PS. Yes, I used to be a fan of Garbage.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Bozoljac to defeat Capdeville @2.75
Bozoljac is 1-0 up head-2-head against Capdeville. I thinks its worth a shot.

·
Registered
97,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jay, when did Chucho sack Orsa? I got it in a text message, if I read well, it was just before Umag, so Chucho's game improvement would confirm it. But maybe it's some old news, just my friends have problems with writing (can be). If it's true old Chucho is back, he's worth taking over Eschauer @ over 1.4. He loves Sopot.

·
Registered
8,505 Posts
Jay, when did Chucho sack Orsa? I got it in a text message, if I read well, it was just before Umag, so Chucho's game improvement would confirm it. But maybe it's some old news, just my friends have problems with writing (can be). If it's true old Chucho is back, he's worth taking over Eschauer @ over 1.4. He loves Sopot.
I didn't read anything about it in Olé or TyC the past week or so, but that's not to say it hasn't happened. Where does this info come from?

I wouldn't be backing Chucho @ 2/5 given the way he has played this year, even though I'd still expect him to win that match. He hasn't played well enough at any stage this season to be backed as a fav.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
YTD 133-234 (+146.05 units)

Economidis over Klizan @ 1.73 (6 units)
Kostas should be too experienced for the 17 year old Slovak. Klizan was successful in juniors, but coming over to the pros is a whole different story. He made the quarters of Lexington last week due to a retirement from Kevin Anderson and then got routined by Brendan Evans. Kostas may prefer clay, but he's still far superior to Klizan on any surface.

That'll be my only play for the day, I don't like anything else on the cards. Darcis over Gaudio would have been a good one but it's only qualies.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Hello all,

Today I will play Sopot.Hartfield and Eschauer to win.I know most are against Eschauer but the man recently beat MOYA who is playing great tennis by the way,congrats to him.I see value and will play it with their current form.GL.

·
Banned
5,404 Posts
May take a shot with Robredo to win Sopot. Although, the guy has sucked balls of late.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
I'm sure he'll be ok. If he was really feeling badly ill, he would have retired against Dancevic.
He has a tough draw, regardless. :shrug: Stepanek is in-form and should perhaps pose a greater challenge, and I'd hope for Delic or Karlovic to make the SF. Also a possibility that he faces Haas in the final.

·
Registered
97,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't read anything about it in Olé or TyC the past week or so, but that's not to say it hasn't happened. Where does this info come from?

I wouldn't be backing Chucho @ 2/5 given the way he has played this year, even though I'd still expect him to win that match. He hasn't played well enough at any stage this season to be backed as a fav.
My friends are having dinners with the Argie team :tape:

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Mar 9 2007
Indian Wells TMS (USA)
Hard Court, q
Capdeville(151,1.16) d (18)Bozoljac(116,0.29) 6-3 6-4

:)
It's an interesting match-up, for sure. Bozo strikes me as being a bit of a confidence player (check his recent results though :eek:), especially as he seems to like to go for some big winners out of nowhere. Capdeville is probably a little more patient and perhaps relies on greater consistency. One of those matches where the more consistent player will win unless the shot-maker paints the lines. Maybe a touch of value on Bozo, but with 6 months of poor results, I wouldn't really want to back him. :lol:

·
Banned
169 Posts
Pick: 30/07
Closed Time: 14.30h (Uk)
Tennis, Sopot

Pick on Albert Montanes ( Against Diego Hartfield ) – Odds available on the main exchange (Betfair.com) around 1.85 – Stake 3/3.

Montanes in the last weeks isn’t in a great state of shate,the Spanish is not winning matches and he is in decrease regarding the first part of the season, even if in last the 3 tournaments on Clay has lost against Andreev and Ferrer, that are two players clearly of an advanced level and with Hanescu, that is come back a player and on clay isn’t easy to face him.
Sure for him, clay is his best surface, is a player much solid from the baseline and in my opinion his value on Clay is decidedly more respect to Hartfield, even if in the last period the Argentine is playing and winning more, but it’s sure that this last one has less results and less solution on this surface regarding Albert.
After 3 first round in a rown I believe that the Spainish have to make a good performance, also because is the last tournament before the real US season, and the odds around to 1.85 in my opinion is decidedly good, inasmuch as like saying, the Spanish is decidedly stronger and solid on this surface and if this match had played a pair of months ago its value would have been not over ½, with confidence, VAMOS Albert.

Estimated Value: Montanes 1,50 - Hartfield 3.00

Almagro in the last tournaments isn’t playing his better tennis, but however his tennis is of an other level regarding that one of Zabaleta, than he is not winning many match and he is far away from his better performances, if the match is “clean” I see Almagro clearly, even if in my life I would never bet with him to 1.40 in this kind of match.
The value of Acasuso seems low, but in my opinion is right, although he is winning no many match in the last months, but to Umag he has seemed in decided resumption and Eschauer has lost an ugly match in the torneo of his house’s tournament against Fognini, 1,50 in my opinion is maybe also too much, but obviously to this odds I leave the match without problem, even if I see easy Jose.
Volandri is a ……. and also after his matches I would not bet him to 1.10, but the other is truly of a level really low, I think that the Italian can lose only if he wants to lose, and in the last weeks his performances are seemed so strange………………..
Andreev is evidently too much low as value, Lapentti in the last matches is seems back a player and on Clay can make match with many players, but it’s true that if Andreev plays his tennis is clearly the great fav and for this reason I leave the match without problems, but in a first round that value is too much low in my opinion.

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Awful day of tennis. With these minor tournaments, especially Sopot, I think you want to be waiting until the end of the week to see who is motivated and playing well, with the master series in North America starting next week. This is the tanking season for players so always difficult to bet on.

However, Davy should get the job done over Pavel and so should Mr Sopot, Mayer over Tipsarevic. Both playing tommorrow though.

·
Registered
32,120 Posts
Nothing for me today.Don't see anything "safe" :shrug:
Hernych @1.45 over Healey and Przysiezny +6.5 @1.80 over Fixer Volandri are worth a try,but not today :p

I think all who bet this week should be very careful,especially with Sopot.
First rounds on clay MM's are always very dangerous,and especially when US Masters Series begins in the following week.
Later rounds will be better to bet on.

1 - 20 of 202 Posts