Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not always in the mood to talk about how my day went. I mean, after all, if one writes day by day, you really figure out how pointless and routine-ish life can be. No, I havent had a bad day at all. Quite the contrary. I feel a bit reflective today.

Heh, I won't lie, I'm not in a bad mood at all. I am in Miami right now, in a nice hotel, taking a break from my "hell dorm" in college.

What can I say? The first month in college was probably the most fun I've had in my life, I went out alot, met many diffrent people, and heck, I enjoyed it.

The following months after that were a bit of a downer. The fun levels dropped quite a bit. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy college, but I don't have many friends in college, at least not as many friends as I did in my first month here in Boca Raton.

You meet people, you lose people. Much like Billy Joel stated in his often ignored song "Say Goodbye to Hollywood":

"So many faces in and out of my life
Some will last
Some will just be now and then
Life is a series of hellos and goodbyes
I'm afraid it's time for goodbye again..."

People you thought were friends, just use you as an aquaintance to aliviate there borderom. Believe it your not, you do the same thing too, and you do it more often that you think you do.

So anyway, I've learned to cope with this fact. I think once people accept the paradoxical things in life, you do feel somewhat better. Or at least you think you do.

I am not a big supporter of the notion of "happily ever after". Life is a series of moments, and I believe it to be quite difficult for all those moments to be good for a very large portion of time. Things only seem "good old times-ish" when you reflect on them. I believe people omit the bad, and encourage the good in order to feel better about there overall lives.

And so it goes.....

Enjoy small moments, small satisfactions, and take the bad as the means to enjoy the good better.

I'll be leaving miami tommorow and heading back to the "hell dorm". I will be going back to my home, Santo Domingo, next Friday, I'm looking forward to that.

Hope you enjoyed this little journal. I will not make the same promise I always do, which is to post with more frequency. I wish I did, but I know I won't be able to.

Till next time

Manuel

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
:worship: Good blog entry :yeah: I hope you have fun back in Santa Domingo :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts