Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
Re: Ilkley CH SF: [SE] Ebden def. (7) Dodig 6-1 6-2, 10-1 on grass this year

He and Kudla deserves it, meeting for the second grass challenger final in a row. Isnt it 11-1 on grass?

·
Registered
11,290 Posts
don't quite understand why ebden is winning so many matches on grass

i thought kuznetsov would bt him
I did not see a beatdown coming either

Nice work Matt, hopefully will be receiving a Wimbledon MDWC soon. :yeah:
Pretty sure I saw you hating on Ebden last year when he had shitty results.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Ebden plays crafty tennis on grass, he isn't worried about it looking pretty junky. If he needs to slice and chip some low FHs back then he will and come to the net on pressure points to add more pressure. At challenger level on grass most players just cant handle it.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Ebden plays crafty tennis on grass, he isn't worried about it looking pretty junky. If he needs to slice and chip some low FHs back then he will and come to the net on pressure points to add more pressure. At challenger level on grass most players just cant handle it.
I agree, he really doesnt care if he has to slice all his ofrehands or backhands, where other players just feel they always have to hit through the ball because thats how you meant to play professional tennis, Matt could care less lol slices everything doesnt care what peole think

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
I agree, he really doesnt care if he has to slice all his ofrehands or backhands, where other players just feel they always have to hit through the ball because thats how you meant to play professional tennis, Matt could care less lol slices everything doesnt care what peole think
It was how/why he beat Kuznetsov, just getting awkward balls back, keeping the ball low and making life difficult. It is smart and I enjoy watching him do it on grass, it is nice to see someone be astute as to what shots are needed to win.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts