Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ilija Bozoljac qualified for Wimbledon last year and beat Nicolas Massu in R128. Then he played a fantastic match against world # 2 Roger Federer, made some sensationel winners and put great effort into the match, only losing 3:6 7:6 4:6 6:7.

Since then he struggled on ATP & challenger level.

I actually thought this was his breakthrough match when I watched it last year but it turned out to be a flash in the pan. Ilija Bozoljac never broke into the Top 100 and is probably going south from Wimbledon on. The match against Federer was probably the best in his career and he never got close to that level again.

What matches have you seen from lower ranked players and thought this was their breakthrough moment but it was just a flash in the pan?

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
He just don't care

And he never watched that match against Fed

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By the way: Bozoljac is out of Wimbledon 2011: 7-6 4-6 11-13 vs Steve Darcis in the 1st round of qualifing. He's out of the world's top 200.

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Doubt many watched it as I believe it was on the same time as the 2nd day of Isner vs Mahut.

Anyway downloaded this match and watched it after Wimbledon and yeah, he probably did. He was amazing, I actually think he deserved to at least take Federer to 5.

·
Registered
20,717 Posts
He played great for his standards but Federer was awful, specially on the return .

He doesn't need to break into top 100, he is earning more with fixing on challengers than he would earn with hard work and few good results at tour level . Regardless to fixing he seems to be nice guy

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
He played great for his standards but Federer was awful, specially on the return .

He doesn't need to break into top 100, he is earning more with fixing on challengers than he would earn with hard work and few good results at tour level . Regardless to fixing he seems to be nice guy
Only thing he ever fixed is his hairstyle prolly :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts