Mens Tennis Forums banner

Would you?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Absolutely NO.
Most of the time, the police can do whatever they want to you here in Italy.

Some time ago, a girl was arrested for a very stupid reason (and turns out she was innocent..), the police almost ***** her at the police station.
The same with a guy, who didn't do anything wrong, the police came to his house without a warrant just to beat and scare him.

So just imagine what could happen when you are in custody.

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
very much so, unless I was detained under the current terrorism act, then maybe I would be concerned

Much more troubling would be if I was wanted for extradition to the US

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
The only torture I'd face in a jail around here is the 5 fruits n' Veg a day they'd force me to eat. And daytime tv.

So, yeah.

·
Registered
57,587 Posts
Depends on the crime in America. Police can be brutal, but unless it was terrorism charges etc. doubt I'd be tortured. Though that's still too much.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Depends on the crime in America. Police can be brutal, but unless it was terrorism charges etc. doubt I'd be tortured. Though that's still too much.
Yeah USA citizens are pretty safe from systematic torture. Maybe a cop might get too aggressive but that's not torture. Terrorism charge could lead to toeture if they think you know information but other than that Americans are safe,

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
In the US? Yeah, no. Except for babies that cry about police brutality.

·
Registered
28,788 Posts
:scratch: Why is the OP using my quote in his signature like it means something? I never said I would leave immediately after Rafa loses at RG, only that I would not leave BEFORE that (because I want to witness the joy on MTF that day). Imbecille.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
UK. :worship:

These 15% are obviously conspiracy theorists.

No idea about data for Bulgaria (my home country), the new government has shown itself more than willing to use force against peaceful protesters even in plain view of TV cameras, so I can only imagine what is going on behind the scenes.

·
41,440 Posts
UK. :worship:

These 15% are obviously conspiracy theorists.

No idea about data for Bulgaria (my home country), the new government has shown itself more than willing to use force against peaceful protesters even in plain view of TV cameras, so I can only imagine what is going on behind the scenes.
From how many years you live in UK?

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
..."strongly agree" answered the 72% of Chinese citizens who feared torture for answering "Strongly/somewhat disagree

there are lies, damn lies and statistics.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Yeah, I do. I'm not pretending that police brutality is a thing, but it really is a bit overblown in the USA. Except for the LAPD.
I actually think a lot of the seemingly irrational and over-the-top behaviour by American police officers has to do with the extreme availability of guns in the US. When it's your job to engage people which could (and do) pull a gun on you at any time, I think it's natural and excusable to develop a bit of a trigger-happy attitude to using violence.

Possibly I am biased by TV (Southland) and movies (End of Watch), but being a cop in LA seems to me to be the most stressful job in the world, bar none.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
i wouldn't allow me to be taken into custody...

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
No. 2 months ago in Romania a gang of teenage thiefs were caught red handed. Most of them were sent to correction school but 1 girl was under the age of 14 and thus according to the romanian penal code she could not be convicted. A couple of days later she was caught again and the police chief from the area wasn't to happy about it...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts