Mens Tennis Forums banner

Where would you go?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not often but I'd rather what C2 over anything else tomorrow. Which court would you rather go to?

CC:

Karlovic v Murray
Federer v RBA

C1:

Wawrinka v Goffin
Djokovic v Anderson

C2:
Gasquet v Kyrgios
Berdych v Simon

C3:
Cilic v Kudla

C12:
Troicki v Pospisil

Edit: Don't know why I put Court 4 in the poll

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
#1 seed Djokovic on C1. :eek: :mad: A disgrace. Shame on you AELTC. More proof they are doing everything to screw Djokovic. What if it rains tomorrow?

I would go to C1 of course. The best and most exciting players by far are there.

·
Registered
252 Posts
#1 seed Djokovic on C1. :eek: :mad: A disgrace. Shame on you AELTC.

C1 of course.
Why? Everyone plays atleast one match off centre court. Murray and Federer are more popular than Djokovic at wimbeldon anyway.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
#1 seed Djokovic on C1. :eek: :mad: A disgrace. Shame on you AELTC. More proof they are doing everything to screw Djokovic. What if it rains tomorrow?

I would go to C1 of course. The best and most exciting players by far are there.
Agreed. Such a disgrace for #No1e.

The bigger disgrace here is that CC hasn't been renamed to Djokovic Court, though.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Why? Everyone plays atleast one match off centre court. Murray and Federer are more popular than Djokovic at wimbeldon anyway.
No that is not the custom here like it is on RG. Federer played all matches on CC when he was #1 seed. Clear double standards and another attempt to distract and disrespect Djokovic

·
Registered
21,912 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
C2 is going to be a blast, CC and C1 have 1 boring match and 1 possibly exciting, depends if you prefer boting or Wawrinka.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts

Chico, you need to realize that all top players will play at least one match on C1 at SW19. Same thing with RG. It's not a big deal. If Djokovic wins against Anderson he'll end up playing all of his matches on CC. Same thing with Murray and Fed.

As for the original question C1 for sure. Wawa and Nole all the way. More interesting matches IMO. I don't think that Fed or Murray will have any problems.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Agreed. Such a disgrace for #No1e.

The bigger disgrace here is that CC hasn't been renamed to Djokovic Court, though.
No need to rename anything. Just to treat him fair and give him the same respect they were giving previous #1 seeds.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
No that is not the custom here like it is on RG. Federer played all matches on CC when he was #1 seed. Clear double standards and another attempt to distract and disrespect Djokovic
Surely it doesn't matter for No1e because he can beat any opponent in his sleep, regardless of the conditions, right? That said, I do wish No1e the very best of luck against Anderson. He'll need all the luck to beat a guy like Anderson, who is clearly the favourite for this year's Wimbledon. Damn schedulers!

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Chico, you need to realize that all top players will play at least one match on C1 at SW19. Same thing with RG. It's not a big deal. If Djokovic wins against Anderson he'll end up playing all of his matches on CC. Same thing with Murray and Fed.

As for the original question C1 for sure. Wawa and Nole all the way. More interesting matches IMO. I don't think that Fed or Murray will have any problems.
As said not true for Wimbledon. Please go back and check Federer's matches back when he was #1 seed.

You are comparing apples and oranges (lower seeds vs #1 seed) in your post.

·
Registered
19,319 Posts
Federer vs RBA over Gasquet vs Kyrgios on CC, unreal

I would go to C2 but if it was by me, I would've put Murray vs Ivo, Gasquet vs Kyrgios and Serena vs Venus on CC

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Surely it doesn't matter for No1e because he can beat any opponent in his sleep, regardless of the conditions, right? That said, I do wish No1e the very best of luck against Anderson. He'll need all the luck to beat a guy like Anderson, who is clearly the favourite for this year's Wimbledon. Damn schedulers!
It is not about Anderson. It is about fair and respectful scheduling for #1 seed. What if it rains tomorrow? Djokovic match would be pushed to the next or some other day and he will eventually again be exhausted in the final.

Why is Djokovic always the one that gets shafted by scheduling and difficult draws comparing to other top players, or previous #1 seeds?

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Chicko, it's not a written rule, but that year with Fed was an exception If I remember correctly. Fed played on C1 many times.

I just wouldn't worry about it. Think about the crowd too. Many people on C1 will be happy to watch Nole there.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts