Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
But it might not have been a winner if the server heard his serve being called out...

·
Banned
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But it might not have been a winner if the server heard his serve being called out...
which is why you don't yell out until the play is complete.
Like how in modern footy they let the play go on and then call offside afterwards

·
Registered
16,155 Posts
Are u dumb dawg? A player stops reacting when his shot goes out

·
Registered
16,155 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
which is why you don't yell out until the play is complete.
Like how in modern footy they let the play go on and then call offside afterwards
So... they keep playing a point for 57 shots until one of them stops, then the shot from 30 seconds ago gets called out?

Does not compute.

·
Registered
850 Posts
It would fundamentally change the game by giving a big advantage for the returner. They have a chance to hit a winner with no risk, if they miss their shot they get another try against a second serve.

Not for me.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
What if the serve was favorable for their strike zone? That's not fair. If it's out, it's out. It's an illegal serve.

·
Registered
16,155 Posts
It would fundamentally change the game by giving a big advantage for the returner. They have a chance to hit a winner with no risk, if they miss their shot they get another try against a second serve.

Not for me.
Basically this.

It becomes a free point for the returner. Absurd suggestion.

Imagine the returner gets it in, they play 30 strokes only to see if the returner gets the point or its a second serve..

Haha.

I don‘t think OP thought this through.

·
Registered
16,155 Posts
wtf are u talking about? I'm only referring to outright winners
So then the server jumps to get his racquet on the ball and its a second serve if he does?

This would create some absolute absurd and retarded/senseless situations

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts

Not for me.
This is also why you see so many good returns on serves that are out. Because they hit them with no worry of missing.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
It's not an easy task to post the dumbest thread of the month when there's Malvin opening five of them per day but op achieved that and I bow to him/her.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I see your point OP, I don't find it thaaat absurd, but it would be controversial at times.
Things are good the way they are now though, so no changes needed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts