Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would it be.....

Mine= If a server is on their second serve and the point is replayed they should not get their first serve back.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
If hawkeye disagrees with the on-court call to a degree smaller than it's margin for error the on-court call stands.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
The fkin Returner plays at the speed of the SERVER , the latter having 20 seconds to toss the ball into the air to serve.
--- The Returner having 15 seconds to be ready to return.
--- If the server wants to serve for example on the 12th second (the returner has 3 more seconds to "prepare").

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Good thread.

- only and only taking MTO before my own serve, I know this was kinda used, but sometimes it happens before opponnent serve as well, is there proper rule about that ?

- fuck the supervisors. They never change anything about the outcome of player complaints.

- 25 seconds between rallies, STRICTLY timed by clock.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
They should extend the net height to 3 metres.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
I have said it before and i will again.

Alternate service game in a deciding set without tiebreak. Like in a tiebreak actually the 1st has one service game the other has 2 etc etc...
This would seem odd to see a player having to play 2 straight service games but this is the price to pay to avoid having the same player having an unfair advantage of serving first..

·
Registered
1,513 Posts

Alternate service game in a deciding set without tiebreak. Like in a tiebreak actually the 1st has one service game the other has 2 etc etc...
This would seem odd to see a player having to play 2 straight service games but this is the price to pay to avoid having the same player having an unfair advantage of serving first..
For the whole set or just starting at 6-6?

·
Rankings Master
15,649 Posts

So, the other player (the one not serving first in the set) will be the first to serve under pressure, this is what you mean?

Player A serves first
1-0
Player B serves twice
1-2
Player A serves twice
3-2
Player B serves twice
3-4
Player A serves twice
5-4
Player B serves under pressure

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
25 second rule is the most stupid thing ever.Remove it it is destroying the game
Some of us would like a match to be finished within our lifetime

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
For the whole set or just starting at 6-6?
I would prefer for the whole set.

So, the other player (the one not serving first in the set) will be the first to serve under pressure, this is what you mean?

Player A serves first
1-0
Player B serves twice
1-2
Player A serves twice
3-2
Player B serves twice
3-4
Player A serves twice
5-4
Player B serves under pressure
And then it's A to serve under pressure. I remember that Isner-Mahut match and i kept saying myself it was not fair to Mahut to always serve under pressure..

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
id change it to one let maximum

its rediculous if someone gets to serve like 4 times on a let. i say you should get 1 set and if you cant get it clear enough over the net the 2nd time it counts as a double and you lose the point

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I would prefer for the whole set.

And then it's A to serve under pressure. I remember that Isner-Mahut match and i kept saying myself it was not fair to Mahut to always serve under pressure..
While i do agree 100% with you, there is a reason for the coin flip. Most want to win it, while Rafa always defers.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts