Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would it be?
The commentaters were suggesting a while ago whether they should be allowed to toss the ball more than once before serve.

Reactions: StevoTG

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Nice idea for a thread

* Unlimited hawkeye, although it may seem crazy for some of you, including on clay. Justice should have no limits
Hawkeye should work faster, after every point on the umpire's screen

* Cleaning the clay during
EVERY
SINGLE
FUCKING
BREAK

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
No ball bouncing, no clearing the clay off the lines, no water bottles arranging, no sock adjusting, no arse picking. :)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice idea for a thread

Unlimited hawkeye, although it may seem crazy for some of you, including on clay. Justice should have no limits
Hawkeye should work faster, after every point on the umpire's screen
I like that but then they'll be abusing it and using it after every point to break opponents' concentration or when theyre tired.
But it could be unlimited if the Umpire had a small screen and could check for himself. That way it will be fair for the players, and make umpires useless most of the time..

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I like that but then they'll be abusing it and using it after every point to break opponents' concentration or when theyre tired.
But it could be unlimited if the Umpire had a small screen and could check for himself. That way it will be fair for the players, and make umpires useless most of the time..
Imagine Federer with that rule - if he hits a forehand into the stands, he can challenge...

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I like that but then they'll be abusing it and using it after every point to break opponents' concentration or when theyre tired
I'm aware of that too, really. But like I said, we've go a conflict between two values : being fair and avoiding stealing points from players and trying to protect them from overusing the system. I think the first one should dominate

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also think its a bit stupid that its only a let when the ball hits the net and lands in the service box. It should be a let regardless if it's a fault or not. The players dont have the talent, or the touch to control the ball after it hits the net.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Instead of a "1st and 2nd serve" I would give a player 30 seconds to get his serve in play. He can have as many tries as he likes and if he fails he loses the point like a double fault.

I would also get rid of lets. If the serve hits the netcord they should play on. I hate lets.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I hope that in few years there will not be linesman at all. It would be nice if error margin of hawk eye is small enough so that there is no need for human line umpire.

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
No double faults. :devil:

You hit a serve outside, that's a point.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I dont think thats possible. Matches would last so long and it sucks for the fans.

·
Registered
17,893 Posts
Unlimited hawkeye when it's available....and when a player is right, the umpire has to wear a dunce cap, and when the player is wrong, it's an automatic disqualification and a 10-year ban from professional tennis.

Or, simply just unlimited hawkeye :)

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
1) Play let serves (so, no lets).
2) Increase the speed of the ball and / or courts SLIGHTLY. I think tennis is getting a bit too defensive and grinding.
3) Experiment with a "1 serve" rule. It may or may not work well (I can't decide).
4) Ease back on the schedule a bit to increase the number of quality tournaments.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I'd be happy if they just did a better job of enforcing the rules that are already in place - specifically time taken between points (men) and no illegal coaching from the stands (women).

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Ban Federer from hitting any forehands. That would make it fair.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts