Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is not a secret that hard courts tournaments dominate in ATP calendar. 2/4 GS, 6/9 Masters and WTF on this surface. If it was more fair to claycourters, and for example WTF was on clay courts, how many titles Nadal, Federer, Djoko would have won? I think Nadal would have had 6-7 titles, Djokovic 3-4 and none for Federer.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
that's what frustrates me, having the World Tour Finals, a culmination and supposed representation of the season finale and the best of the best in a fair setting- is not fair at all. always indoor? how does that make sense

I don't mind it being indoor sometimes but to be fair they should switch it up in a cycle. play it indoor, then outdoor HC, then clay, then grass, or maybe cut one out- but just mix it up a little bit! the reality is that a Djokovic or Federer MIGHT not have won it had it always been on clay. the reverse is true for Nadal with indoor.

obviously it doesn't create a particular fair balance having it in the SAME conditions over and over and over when indoor HC is arguably the most extreme court style left on tour in terms of favoring certain styles of play

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
It's an exho anyway so it doesn't matter, no?

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Cheatalita fangirls still pressed that their boy doesn't have the talent to win the WTF's. It's logical that it's played indoors considering none of the slams are.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Djokovic 6
Nadal 4
Federer 0

·
The Last Mohican
24,737 Posts
that's what frustrates me, having the World Tour Finals, a culmination and supposed representation of the season finale and the best of the best in a fair setting- is not fair at all. always indoor? how does that make sense

I don't mind it being indoor sometimes but to be fair they should switch it up in a cycle. play it indoor, then outdoor HC, then clay, then grass, or maybe cut one out- but just mix it up a little bit! the reality is that a Djokovic or Federer MIGHT not have won it had it always been on clay. the reverse is true for Nadal with indoor.

obviously it doesn't create a particular fair balance having it in the SAME conditions over and over and over when indoor HC is arguably the most extreme court style left on tour in terms of favoring certain styles of play
Sometimes you just need to be punished for being a one-trick pony. The WTF is the perfect example. WTF could also be on grass, and Federer would have scooped even more.

HC is the most common surface with the most competition, and indoors = neutral conditions. Too bad Dull sucks ass on indoor hard. Then his tards would stop crying.

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
Nadal fans upset with the goose egg of WTF titles. Always loving to play what if. What if it was on grass?

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Lol.. What a stupid statement. WTF is a culmination of indoor season as well as RG is a culmination of clay season..
Only idiots can offer to play on clay or grass during indoor season

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,452 Posts
What a stupid thread. If WTF was on indoor grass Roger would never lose, but it isn't...

What if it was more fair to claycourters? :lol: You have the clay season and the numerous clay tournaments all throughout the year for that. The WTF comes right after the indoor season...so it's played indoors. Simple as that.

To answer the thread though...Nadal would have some titles, Roger would still have one or two and Djokovic would still have the ones he won.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
WTF represents the major championship at the end of the indoor season therefore it is logically always indoor hard. It would be too much of a transition to play Bercy then a clay event the next week...

·
Bring it Home
21,072 Posts
What's the point in all those "if" threads?

If your mother was queen, you would have been born prince! :lol:

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,452 Posts
Nice to see Nadaltards still as bitter as ever that Nadal has never been able to win a WTF title.
2015 has been a bad year for them, so that probably doesn't help. I wonder how many of the more vocal ones from past years are still with us?

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
2 things, 1) if more tennis was on grass Federer would have 30 Masters and 400 weeks at no.1

2) if WTF was played on carpet Nadal would have no SFs let alone wins

I think personally it should be played on indoor grass, that would be amazing

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,989 Posts
To answer the title question without trolling:

Nadal: 6
Federer: 2
Djokovic: 3

Of course it makes no sense for the WTF to be played on anything but Hard, since it's right after the indoor HC season and before the AO-Miami HC stretch.

Also, HC is the most balanced surface that doesn't favor any single type of player too much. Maybe they could vary its speed a bit every year, but indoor HC is perfect.

·
Registered
762 Posts
If 3 out of 4 slams were played on grass as in the dawn of the Open era, how many slams would Federer have?

OP is another of those Nadal "fans" that should live their personal lives and go out more often instead of polluting this forum with worthless threads...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts