Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He lost with Soderling at RG 2009 and could possibly repeat the nightmare tomorrow with Wawrinka

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
Yeah, Stan went from playing in 0 slams to making 2 and winning 1 under him if he loses tomorrow, but Norman is a choker because Stan lost to a guy he is a big underdog against. Come on man...

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
What part of "Novak Djokovic is a better tennis player than Stanislas Wawrinka" do you not understand?

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Wawrinka has no business winning tomorrow so it won't be a choke. I don't like either player so can comment as a neutral and can say Djokovic is the better player by miles.If he plays reasonably well tomorrow he will win in 4 sets max.

·
Banned
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is absolutely zero logic in your statement.
There's much logic. Norman still hasn't won a legitimate slam final, as a player nor as a coach (2014 AO was entirely due to Rafa's injury, and not Norman's expertise)

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
He made RG final himself as a player and lost it to Kuerten (took him 11 MPs!)

took Soderling to two finals which he lost.

Now he coached Stanimal to his first RG final.

Let's just say he seems to know something about how to make the final in RG. Winning it is another question :)

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,344 Posts
Why need to bash any coach? I think it's great Stan made a RG final alongside an AO final. Very difficult milestones in anyone's careers. If Stan loses, it's not up to Magnus. At the end of the day, it's Stan slugging it out against Novak, not Norman vs Becker (though the coaches exchange gameplan and tips to players). I'd say he'd be happy with Stan getting to the final. Remember Nadal has won 9 RG and Roger once, not even Novak has got 1. Tomorrow huge moment for both players. But nothing to be ashamed of.

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
He lost with Soderling at RG 2009 and could possibly repeat the nightmare tomorrow with Wawrinka
:facepalm: How is Wawrinka losing tomorrow a choke? He's the underdog going in. Can we revoke your thread starting privileges? Between this and your 'theories' as to why Nadal lost (Raonic not playing, and wearing pink :rolleyes:)

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, let's do the bullshit dance. :lol:

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
if better mean bigger pusher, rellying on opponents' UE, then you're right

but peak wawrinka eats your boy alive
8 winners against 20 winners of Wawrinka in the first set by Pusherer in QF. :bigwave:

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Shame on me, I was expecting "Is Amelie the worst coach ever?"

·
Registered
29,420 Posts
OP is a moron. Norman's speciality is taking players with a big game but weak mentality and turning them into winners. He took Soderling, who was nothing but a talented headcase, and made him a solid top 5 player. He made Wawrinka, who was previously basically Federer's shadow, into a slam winner.

Easily one of the best coaches on tour. Soderling lost the 2009 final because Federer knew how to play him, this is simple shit.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts