Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
How would what things be different?

I dislike Nadal as much as the next guy, but if you're trying to troll him at least pose a real question

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Nadal's fluke career would be diminished and Fed's career would be even greater, and tennis in general would be better.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
Andy and Roger would have a shit load more masters titles and Nadal's would've cut by about 60% at least. Also the tennis year would be improved dramatically.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Rafa still would have more m1000, he can adapt well on grass. Yes he failed lately on wimby but that was because he wasted too much energy on the clay seasson and could nail the adaptation week.

I think indoor hc is the real surface that rafa doesnt like that much.

And murray would still be a mug wether the surface is.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
Rafa still would have more m1000, he can adapt well on grass. Yes he failed lately on wimby but that was because he wasted too much energy on the clay seasson and could nail the adaptation week.

The majority of Nadal's masters are on clay. He would far, far less than what he has now.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Nadal problems on grass are mostly on the first rounds when the surface is still really fast.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
The majority of Nadal's masters are on clay. He would far, far less than what he has now.
the slam where rafa has played the most finals after rg is wimbledon, 5 finals there. how many wimbledon final has murray played? It obvious the problem of rafa with some tournamts is more because of scheduling than surface itself. rafa often peaks from may to september..

Even on murray surface rafa is much more succesful than Andy, that settles some argument... :wavey:

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's definitely an interesting point to be made. I can't really say how things would be different but I'd be really happy if the grass season were a few weeks longer with more significant tournaments

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Nadal problems on grass are mostly on the first rounds when the surface is still really fast.
during 2012 and 2013... he just havent adapted last 2 years.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Djokovic would have 30 masters already since he is all-time great on grass.
He destroyed Dull, as did tennis giants Rosol and injured Darcis.

Nadal would have no masters, unless someone got injured and withdrew and his fans claimed it as an incredible victory because of the low standards he had set himself. Injured opponent can't move and retires? GOAT stuff for Nabull.

·
Registered
724 Posts

I agree about indoor hard. If someone check the statistic he may be really surprised. Rafa doesn't have a title on indoor hard never, ever even on lower levels :eek:

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
He destroyed Dull, as did tennis giants Rosol and injured Darcis.

Nadal would have no masters, unless someone got injured and withdrew and his fans claimed it as an incredible victory because of the low standards he had set himself. Injured opponent can't move and retires? GOAT stuff for Nabull.
Well, in BO3 format on grass such players as Robert Kendrick, Robin Hasse, Phil Petz, The Colonel would have been a major threat for Rafa. He maybe even would have skipped some masters for let say Projestov Chalenger where he could compete with clay-court giants and strengthen his GOAT status on clay.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
I agree about indoor hard. If someone check the statistic he may be really surprised. Rafa doesn't have a title on indoor hard never, ever even on lower levels :eek:
Madrid 2005?

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
grass season is not even as long as 3 weeks, besides wimbledon...=(

·
Registered
724 Posts
Madrid 2005?
Well my bad :rolleyes: Madrid was played on indoor hard till 2008 yes :rolleyes: Just the site that i use for statistic obviously doesn't know that :(

1 - 20 of 97 Posts