Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...which setup would the organizers choose?

(1)Nadal
(4)Zverev

(3)Del Potro
(2)Federer

Or

(1)Nadal
(3)Del Potro

(4)Zverev
(2)Federer

And whose quarter would they choose to put Djokovic in, under either scenario?

I would say the second scenario because Del Potro is 2-0 against Fraud at the USO and we all know they want a Fedal final.

·
justice for all
13,166 Posts

(1)Nadal
(4)Zverev

(3)Del Potro
(2)Federer

Or

(1)Nadal
(3)Del Potro

(4)Zverev
(2)Federer

I would say the second scenario because Del Potro is 2-0 against Fraud at the USO and we all know they want a Fedal final.
It was rigged last year when dull didn't face a TOP20 player en route to the title. You may chill out - nothing will ever beat that.

·
Registered
62 Posts

(1)Nadal
(4)Zverev

(3)Del Potro
(2)Federer

Or

(1)Nadal
(3)Del Potro

(4)Zverev
(2)Federer

If rigged to have the best possible last few rounds:

Quarters
Top Half
(1) Nadal vs (8) Dimitrov
(3) Del Potro vs (5) Anderson
Bottom Half
(4) Zverev vs (6) Djokovic
(2) Federer vs (7) Cilic

·
Registered
372 Posts
The draw would be rigged if Djokovic doesn't face either Federer or Nadal in the quarterfinal since he is in 5-8 section of the draw. Unbiased draw would renders a 50/50 of avoiding Fedal in the quarter of the draw.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The draw would be rigged if Djokovic doesn't face either Federer or Nadal in the quarterfinal since he is in 5-8 section of the draw. Unbiased draw would renders a 50/50 of avoiding Fedal in the quarter of the draw.
Uh, if there's a 50/50 chance of Djokovic being or not being in a Fedal quarter, how would him being in Zverev/Del Potro quarter indicate that it's rigged?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
If I were a USO employee rigging the draw I would want Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic to go as far as possible since they bring in the most fans.

I would put Djokovic in Zverevs quarter since there is a 0% chance of Zverev winning while Del Potro would have at least a 5% chance against Novak.

I would put Dimitrov in Federer’s, Anderson in Nadal’s and Cilic in Del Potros becuase Cilic is obviously the most dangerous. I would stick some juicy matchups of non-contenders early on too like Murray vs Wawrinka.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
They'd rig it for Federer. Put Djokodal in the same qurater, put Delmugtro into their half too while Federer gets choker Cilic and perennial slam flop Zverev.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
If it was rigged the major player they didn't want to win would get Murray or Stan first round.

O.k they'd still probably win but far more likely to be taken to 4 or maybe even 5 sets than against a qualifier or lucky loser.

We saw with Fed last year you don't want to be playing 5 sets too early in the tournament.

·
Registered
520 Posts
So if you flip a coin, and it comes up heads, then it's rigged?

Some solid logic right there...

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
It was rigged last year when dull didn't face a TOP20 player en route to the title. You may chill out - nothing will ever beat that.
TIL Rafa now has the ability to make all the seeds of his side of the draw lose on purpose :lol:

According to the draw he was supposed to play :

3R : Gasquet(26)
4R : Berdych(15)
QF : Dimitrov (7)
SF : Federer (3)
F : Zverev (4)

But none of the above players won the necessary matches to set up the encounter. Instead they all lose to the non-seed players Nadal later defeated.

Mayer def Gasquet(26) then lost to Nadal
Dolgopolov def Berdych(15) then lost to Nadal
Rublev def Dimitrov(7) then lost to Nadal
Del Potro def Federer(3) then lost to Nadal

·
10,299 Posts
There are not enough tin foil hats in the world for all the conspiracy theories on MTF.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Guys, my crew and I are in charge of the USO draw, and some of your suggestions on rigging the draw have been really inspiring. We're all writing them down fervently. Please share more suggestions.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If rigged to have the best possible last few rounds:

Quarters
Top Half
(1) Nadal vs (8) Dimitrov
(3) Del Potro vs (5) Anderson
Bottom Half
(4) Zverev vs (6) Djokovic
(2) Federer vs (7) Cilic
so with the draw out, it could be:
Nadal/Anderson and Del Potro/Dimitrov in the top half.
Zverev/Cilic and Federer/Djokovic in the bottom half.

It must be rigged since i put them all in their correct half, just their wrong quarters :S

1 - 19 of 19 Posts