Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
It will be in Spain and I can claim that they will choose clay. Don't say it elsewhere though, it is a closely held secret and it will be totally unexpected news.

Reactions: MisterQ

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
I think a nice bullring would be perfect, like the old Mallorca tournament venue.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
I think a nice bullring would be perfect, like the old Mallorca tournament venue.
No need for that, they can hold the tie in Barcelona in September. If Emilio doesn't use Robredo against Andy and Almagro against James there is little doubt about the outcome.

·
Registered
454 Posts
The slaughter will be similar as well. In fact, why don't we just send the Americans running through the streets of Barcelona while the Spanish team chases them with their racquets? That's entertainment!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you think Russia/Argentina vs. Spain final?

Theres no way that the U.S. wins on red clay in Spain.

Roddick vs. Nadal on clay. LOL. Comedy at its finest.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
Yea USA choose last year, so therefore Spain chooses. DC always go back in forth that way, similarly Germany would get to choose if they somehow pull this one out but they won't. I think the first meeting is a coin toss?

Who cares, yes if the US meets Spain depending on who plays it could be interesting the Bryans won't lose, Blake is maybe win (even if he plays Nadal), then it comes down to Roddick winning a match on clay which he's proved he can do on the day, and maybe Blake winning two matches...which he's also shown he can do as well, he's also shown he can beat great clay courters in big matches. So yea I mean the USA are underdogs but the team is alot stronger than it was say four years ago when they met in the final in Spain. Should be interesting, and again it all depends on who's healthy for Spain. If it's Verdasco and Robredo playing singles...Spain's in trouble no matter what surface.

·
124,506 Posts
No need for that, they can hold the tie in Barcelona in September. If Emilio doesn't use Robredo against Andy and Almagro against James there is little doubt about the outcome.
I don't know I reckon Vigo or A Coruña would be good places to hold it. Though the south has more bullrings. It would just add to the atmosphere.

Jimmy, if it's Argentina vs Spain it's in Buenos Aires.

Russia vs Spain, it's in Russia.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Who cares, yes if the US meets Spain depending on who plays it could be interesting the Bryans won't lose, Blake is maybe win (even if he plays Nadal), then it comes down to Roddick winning a match on clay which he's proved he can do on the day, and maybe Blake winning two matches...which he's also shown he can do as well, he's also shown he can beat great clay courters in big matches. So yea I mean the USA are underdogs but the team is alot stronger than it was say four years ago when they met in the final in Spain. Should be interesting, and again it all depends on who's healthy for Spain. If it's Verdasco and Robredo playing singles...Spain's in trouble no matter what surface.
:haha::haha::spit::spit::help:

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
I don't remember Spain vs. Russia either. Spain vs. Czechia it would be in Spain, I remember the last time they played was in 2004.

·
124,506 Posts
You'de be surprised how well Andy can play on clay when he wants to. He's not as bad as you'de think.
Not good enough to beat Nadal n 04, and not in 08.

·
Registered
20,460 Posts
:lol: Nice troll post, I wonder how many people are gonna take it seriously

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You'de be surprised how well Andy can play on clay when he wants to. He's not as bad as you'de think.
I'm as big a Roddick fan as anyone but I just can't see him beating Nadal or Ferrer on clay.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts