Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would Djokovic become the real GOAT?

Because of the shorter season and frozen rankings, Novak would lose raw numbers - weeks at #1 and number of slams won (and maybe the Olympics), but 100% of slams and matches won in a season is objectively the GOAT and the 1st time ever achievement. In other words, Novak would lose some history in order to make history. The question is, is that history fair enough to crown him as the GOAT?

·
Your visions will happen
46,921 Posts
Of course not. Everything is paused right now.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
Sure, I could see it if Nole were far ahead of his rivals, but he's not. What was given to him is fair, the amount of weeks that he had clinched prior to the suspension of the tour.

·
Registered
977 Posts

·
|
14,084 Posts
Djokovic will never been given credit for his year-end-#1s ever again, if he's awarded the year-end-#1 this year.
Because whenever anyone mentions his year-end-#1s, they'll mention coronavirus.
Coronavirus will dominate his legacy for eternity.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
And Nady wiII stiII b behind in weeks no.1, w/ 0 YEC & never beaten the Serb at the genuine HC, AO. Did i mention no GoIden Masters for FedaI either?

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
If it does, I really hope Djokovic gets the number 1 weeks. Imagine No2e fans defending the decisions of the establishment, delicious.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
OP's thread title could have resulted into a decent discussion about the effects for the entire tennis community, but of course OP's intention was to provoke tards by starting the tardism himself.

Wake up people, corona virus is happening right now. Big countries are in total lockdown and you still think professional tennis can be played this year?

It's not rocket science to know pro sport is done for the year. Even if sports could be played again to a certain extent, it would be unfair, because some players can't leave their country and/or are not able to train at all. One of the reasons why the Olympics have been postponed after IOC and Japan stopped being stubborn.

Wimbledon will for sure be cancelled, other tournaments will follow forcing the ITF to cancel the rest of the season. If not, then the FFT has probably taken over ITF.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I think this is a good time for the players to start conversion about players' union, protection, help, etc.

Big 3 should show some leadership.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No matter how the biased haters spin it, being undefeated for a season is absolutely GOAT-worthy achievement. And after all, considering his shape and start of the year, Novak should be compensated somehow for this unfair turn of events.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts