Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the audience and spectators were allowed to yell, jeer and heckle the players during serves and games, which players do you think will benefit from this type of environment?

* Put aside the fact that players may not hear the score or line calls

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Tsonga, Monfils, Baghdatis, Stepanek

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Didn't he get a fan kicked out a few years ago against Roger in Rome (I think) because he shouted out in between serves too?
Yes, Nole gets affacted bad with loud crowd against him or for him. Us open was only time when crowd actully pissed him off, then carried him to victory.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
You can see that some of the guys really relish the loud, davis cup type atmospheres. Hewitt, Roddick, Baghdatis, Gonzalez and Monfils all come to mind but I'm probably missing quite a few.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Wonder if Wawrinka would thrive in the environment. He beat Tsonga at the French last year (from 0-2 down), Hewitt in Australia (from 1-2 down) and Baghdatis in Melbourne. Didn't see the Tsonga match, but the Baghdatis match was played in a noisy environment.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Feña used to thrive off those environments, but there were some exceptions.

·
Premium Member
20,725 Posts
actually I think a fair amount of players would adjust after a while. Especially if the crowd is constantly noisy. It becomes a kind of background noise that you can tune out. It's worse when someone makes a sudden noise that unexpectedly breaks the silence. A constant 'hum' or drone you could get used to.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Defensive players, as their less likely to miss their shots. Someone who goes big near the line might shank it if he's distracted by the crowd.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts