Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would lack of ultimate support from the biased audience impact Federer's resume? How many more or less slams would he have?

And what about others?

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
Thank you for your unbiased views

Reactions: Fedjokodal

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I do not think Federer would have half of his slams if he did not have the unfair crowd support and adulation. I would say he would not even have five slams if he had the same hostility at him like the crowd is towards Djokovic.

As for other players, let's put it this way - Djokovic is already a much more accomplished player than Federer was when Federer was same age as Djokovic (33), despite the much harder obstacles Djokovic had faced along his way, in various ways.

One can only imagine how many more victories Djokovic would have had if he had the same unfair crowd support like Federer and also the hostility constantly directed at his opponents.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Federer Schmederer. Without the crowd, even I could beat him. I say he'd have zero slams, tops. Djokovic on the other hand would a few more, probably 10 or 30 more.

·
justice for all
15,238 Posts
Faker wouldn’t have half of his slams because he feeds off hostile crowds.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Yes Federer was the absolute crowd favorite from the very start of his career even when playing a nobody on court 18 at Wimbledon everyone already cheered for him.
it’s like you all started watching tennis from 2012 onwards. Have you ever watched a Federer match between 2003 and 2006? He often was far from the crowd favourite. Especially against Americans at the us open. Yet he beat them all.
Crowd popularity is earned and not just there like all you djokotards think.

On the other hand Djokovic like guitarra said is put on fire by crowds that are against him and soaks in the hatred which gives him his insane mental strength

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Fed would have all the crowd support even if there was no crowd. Umpires, linespeople and even some of his opponents secretly admiring those unique skills. GOAT.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fed would have all the crowd support even if there was no crowd. Umpires, linespeople and even some of his opponents secretly admiring those unique skills. GOAT.
So umpires and linespeople would do everything they can to help Fed win? I guess we've finally seen some objectivity from you.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
if there wasn't crowd in USO 2011, Nole would probably lose it.

·
Banned
11,000 Posts
0, he sucks at tennis, the crowd is the only thing that won him 20 slams and 100 titles. Djokovic would have at least 40 slams, let's be honest, but the world is against him and Serbia in general.
Nadal? Over 30, no?

·
|
15,009 Posts
Federer's not known for unique skills, he's mostly text book.
Rafa is known for unique skills, almost every shot he plays is unlike the textbook - backhand has crazy power with the support hand, forehand finishes above his head, serve is weird too, so only the volley is really textbook.
Even Rafa's tweener is unique, he jumped in the air while playing it-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts