Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's say Roger is cursed to only win one tournament this year but whoever put that curse on him lets him choose which tournament it's going to be.

I am sure if we ask him he would say the olympics but realisticaly... there are two options he would have, French Open or Wimbledon.

Regardless of which tournament of these two he wins, it would be an achievement of astronomical proportions.. if he wins the french open then finaly, the one thing he was missing, the one thing sampras could never do and just one slam shy of the record of sampras.. federer would finaly have all 4 slam tournament under his belt..

however... if he wins wimbledon..thats 6 in a row... and I gota say that's probably the sickest record you can have.. I think it's better to have a record of 6 wimbledons in a row than a calendar year grandslam..

What do you guys say? I think it should be wimbledon, after all, he is still young in a way and the french open will be there next year and next year.. but 6 wimbledons in a row is something that will never present itself again.

·
Registered
939 Posts
RG, no doubt. Nobody will critisize him for not winning 6 Wimbledons in a row, but not winning RG is something that will be remembered.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I dissagree.. 6 wimbledons is just out there..in the "wont ever be broken" cattegory...

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Olympics. It is probably his last best chance. Then hopefully he will cap it all off next year by winning Roland Garros.

·
Registered
20,460 Posts
The only thing missing from his GOAT resume is that elusive great title on clay.

It's a no brainer for me:shrug:

It's obviously Houston

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
RG without a doubt. If he wins that he'll seal his legacy as the greatest all-court player in most people's minds.

6 Wimbledons would be a fantastic achievement, but people already know he's one of the best grass court players, adding another Wimbledon title won't really make a huge difference.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
RG without a doubt. If he wins that he'll seal his legacy as the greatest all-court player in most people's minds.

6 Wimbledons would be a fantastic achievement, but people already know he's one of the best grass court players, adding another Wimbledon title won't really make a huge difference.
Absolutely!:yeah:

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
The French Open won't walk away but his consecutive Wimbledon streak will, so it's Wimbledon.
And who cares about Olympics, if he does, he'll take it in Wimbledon. :worship:

·
Registered
726 Posts
I'd say Wimbledon....Because it will prove his total dominance on that service even better when he doesnt win other tourneys but does win wimby, together with the 6 in a row....RG he is still has still a few chances to win..

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Roland Garros.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Roland Garros, no doubt about that.

I'd bet he'd even offer Wimbly to Nadal for that. :angel:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts