Mens Tennis Forums banner

Should Philip Chartier be renamed to "Rafael Nadal" if he wins the 9th?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Rafa wins a 9th in RG, should the french rename the main court to "Rafael Nadal"?

I know he aint french, but come on, 9 would be just too hot to handle. We all know he should deserve the main court name, despite his nationality and being still active, no? :worship:

·
12,691 Posts
Re: If Rafa wins a 9th in RG, should the french rename the main court to "Rafael Nad

I wouldn't mind that but not gonna happen. They don't like him.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: If Rafa wins a 9th in RG, should the french rename the main court to "Rafael Nad

I wouldn't mind that but not gonna happen. They don't like him.
They should do, maybe aussies are more flexible and if nole wins couple of AO more they consider doing it later. French people are just too damn arrogant and sober.

They should rename courts to people who really deserved and earned it, not renamed to some dinosaurs.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts

The French don't even like Nadull, and I don't blame them. They always wanted Fed to win over him, but unfortunately for them, the match-up issue was too much. With that said, doesn't matter what dulltards want.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The French don't even like Nadull, and I don't blame them. They always wanted Fed to win over him, but unfortunately for them, the match-up issue was too much. With that said, doesn't matter what dulltards want.
What happened to you Slade? didnt see you posting today. Where you crying over your pillow because of the match of Rafa?

GEt well soon Slade :bigwave:

·
Banned
1,385 Posts

Why would that make sense at all? I could understand if he was French, but he's not.

·
Rankings Master
15,649 Posts

Obviously not.

Philippe Chatrier wasn't even a good tennis player. He never even got passed the second round at the French Championships. They didn't change the name of the arena after Borg, why would they change it after Nadal. 9 or 60, he ain't French, it's not gonna happen.

Also, it will help to know some history.

Chatrier died in Dinard in 2000. The main tennis court at the Stade de Roland Garros, the home of the French Open in Paris, was renamed the Court Philippe Chatrier in his honour in 2001.

·
Your visions will happen
47,121 Posts

Better chance of it being named Leo and Lenny court, tbh

·
Registered
424 Posts

No, he isn't french.

Same goes for Djoke at AO, though 4 isn't even comparable to 8.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

Why would that make sense at all? I could understand if he was French, but he's not.
Fix your sig. it's 22-19 :angel:

to answer the Op, No. they don't even like nadal and they never changed it for borg either

·
Rankings Master
15,649 Posts

The only name the main court is surely gonna receive in the future is "Yannick Noah".

·
Banned
1,385 Posts

Fix your sig. it's 22-19 :angel:

to answer the Op, No. they don't even like nadal and they never changed it for borg either
I've fixed before. It keeps reverting to 22-18 for whatever reason. Soon will be 23-19 anyway

·
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
11,399 Posts

:spit:

Why on Earth would they do such a stupid disgusting move?! The organisers may be crazy but they are not that crazy.

·
Bunned!
3,050 Posts

Nah. But he'll definitely get a statue in the near future.

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts

Thank god it would never happen. Even if he were to win it 20 times.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

:spit:

Why on Earth would they do such a stupid disgusting move?! The organisers may be crazy but they are not that crazy.
Not everybody on this world is a butthurt fedtard.

Get well woon duarte :wavey:

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Nah. But he'll definitely get a statue in the near future.
:worship:

·
Registered
27,181 Posts

They should call it Cirque de La Monf.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.