Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If he beats Federer in the semis and Djokovic in the final at this year's US Open, would you all finally consider him the GOAT? He would be 10-2 in slams vs Federer, 10-4 in slams vs Djokovic, and would win a 15th grandslam against overall much tougher competition than Federer's 17, not to mention his many injuries and setbacks.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
If he beats Federer in the semis and Djokovic in the final at this year's US Open, would you all finally consider him the GOAT?
Let him beat Djokovic or Stanimal in the SF instead of Olderer, no.

2008-2011 Nadal was always in the opposite half at AO/USO from the two best HC players in history, peak-Federer/Djokovic who battled six HC SF there.

2012-today Nadal was always in Olderer' half, again opposite to the two current best HC players, Djokovic/Stanimal who battled four 5-setters there.

Let him show us for the first time in his career, if he can play the HC F after a tough HC QF/SF 5-6 setter against the best HC players, as Djokovic battled many 5-set SF rubbers against peak Federer and the last three years against Stanimal, only to play the F exhausted against fresh Nadal or other opponent.

Of course, if Nadal can beat Djokovic or Stanimal in SF in quick three or four sets instead of five, nothing to take away from him if he dispatches Olderer or fresh Murray in the F as easily.

·
Registered
22,567 Posts
At the moment Nadal is an underdog to beat Fognini and Paire back to back.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Let him beat Djokovic or Stanimal in the SF instead of Olderer.

2008-2011 Nadal was always in the opposite half at AO/USO from the two best HC players in history , peak-Federer/Djokovic.

2012-today Nadal was always in Olderer' half, again opposite to the two current best HC players, Djokovic/Stanimal.

Let him show us for the first time in his career, if he can play the HC F after a tough HC QF/SF 5-6 setter against the best HC players, as Djokovic battled many 5-set SF rubbers against peak Federer and the last three years against Stanimal, only to exhausted play the F afterwards against fresh Nadal or other opponent.

Of course, if Nadal can beat Djokovic or Stanimal in SF in quick three or four sets instead of five, nothing to take away from him if he dispatches Olderer or Murray in the F.
What was so good about Wawrinka in 2012? He never even won a set off Nadal until that 2014 final.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Nadal should avoid Novak like the plague now (not to mention at the slams)...and I'm sure he will.

·
Registered
894 Posts
It would have been an impressive feat no doubt, but he would still be far from being considered the GOAT.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
What was so good about Wawrinka in 2012? He never even won a set off Nadal until that 2014 final.
Not much, it was just easier to mention him in the same year 2012 when both Fedal started being drawn in the opposite half from Djokovic, than adding 2013 just for Stanimal.

Nadal should avoid Novak like the plague now (not to mention at the slams)...and I'm sure he will.
Not just Djokovic, so, like Nikerer the last USO, Nike's duo Nadal&Olderer shall be in the opposite half from the two of the Stanimal/Nishi/Murray trio (because one of them as seed 3/4 cannot be avoided), and the rest of the contender's pack Djokovic, Cilic, Tsonga, Raonic etc.

·
Your visions will happen
51,304 Posts

2008-2011 Nadal was always in the opposite half at AO/USO from the two best HC players in history, peak-Federer/Djokovic who battled six HC SF there.

2012-today Nadal was always in Olderer' half, again opposite to the two current best HC players, Djokovic/Stanimal who battled four 5-setters there.

Let him show us for the first time in his career, if he can play the HC F after a tough HC QF/SF 5-6 setter against the best HC players, as Djokovic battled many 5-set SF rubbers against peak Federer and the last three years against Stanimal, only to play the F exhausted against fresh Nadal or other opponent.

Of course, if Nadal can beat Djokovic or Stanimal in SF in quick three or four sets instead of five, nothing to take away from him if he dispatches Olderer or fresh Murray in the F as easily.
:scratch:

Does AO 2009 not count? SF/F there were like 10 hours total

:spit:

I nearly spit out my tuna when I read this. It wouldn't be so funny if it wasn't true :hysteric:

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
If that happens I will officially declare Rafa the GOAT.

Exactly. Unless Rafa returns to his very best form (which is unlikely) he should do everything he can to avoid meeting Novak...and perhaps even Roger. :unsure:

The good news for him is that he can tank with impunity, since no one will have any doubts about 2015dal losing another match.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
OT: yes, Nadal would be the king, I kinda hope he does it just for the ruins around here

Tuna is disgusting. Please ban him, mods.
what is wrong with you? Tuna is the king of fish

tuna sashimi :lick:

Reactions: Andrej

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
If he beats Federer in the semis and Djokovic in the final at this year's US Open, would you all finally consider him the GOAT? He would be 10-2 in slams vs Federer, 10-4 in slams vs Djokovic, and would win a 15th grandslam against overall much tougher competition than Federer's 17, not to mention his many injuries and setbacks.
Its a nice thought VERY NICE. But it's NEVER happening.

Please people FANS AND HATERS ALIKE. Understand once and for ALL. Nadal is LONG OVERDUE A SLAMLESS YEAR. You know that thing Federer had in 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015.

I believe Nadal has one more left in him. He just needs to find 75% of his game at the right time in a slam and it's lights out for everyone. BUT it's not happening this year. He has two years left to do it 2016--2017. If he hasn't won a 15th slam by the 2017 USO. I seriously doubt he ever will. He definately can't win slams beyond 31. His legs simply have too much wear and tear on the clock. He is running 3 years behind Feder in that respect. So he has two more years TOPS to get a 15th slam and maybe 3 or 4 more masters. And that's all she wrote...

·
Registered
1,822 Posts

Listen pal, post 2008 Wimby, whether it's peakerer or olderer, it doesn't mean a damn thing against Rafa. Rafa at 70% would own Fed any day of the week at slams.

·
Registered
10,959 Posts
OT: yes, Nadal would be the king, I kinda hope he does it just for the ruins around here

what is wrong with you? Tuna is the king of fish

tuna sashimi :lick:
All fish is disgusting and I would nuke the sea if it wouldn't cause tsunamis.

I also hate lions.
RIP Cecil.

RE your first point, I agree. I always support Nadal against non-Murray players just because the hate for him here makes me laugh and I want to overdose on the tears.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
REALLY. So you got all you savings ready to bet on VESSELY , FOGNINI, PAIRE THEN?

Understand this as Dasco found out. If Nadal flips the switch at anytime in a match. They're gone. He has been poor at flipping that switch this year. But he reminded Dasco, that when he plays well it's OVER.

So bring your spending cash Guga. VESSER is 6.50 to beat Nadal. You game?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts