Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...which is looking increasingly likely, is there a chance that tickets for the end of their match on Centre Court tomorrow could go on general sale?

Or would it just be attended by those with tickets to the women's final? I would guess not, because the women's final would surely need to start at a set time, and therefore for Rafa and Novak to have already finished?

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
I have no idea but I would be appalled if Rafa and Djok don't finish and have to play Saturday one of them Sunday as well.

Wimb is fcked as far as I'm concerned for the various things that make a scenario like this happen.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
I have no idea but I would be appalled if Rafa and Djok don't finish and have to play Saturday one of them Sunday as well.

Wimb is fcked as far as I'm concerned for the various things that make a scenario like this happen.
They would probably still have more fuel left in the tank for the Sunday than the towers USner or KAndy after 30:30 in the fifth.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
They would probably still have more fuel left in the tank for the Sunday than the towers USner or KAndy after 30:30 in the fifth.
Maybe, but that would be based on a presumption.
Players are not supposed to p[lay two days in a row, let alone three.

Wimb should learn something from this fiasco, but they prob won't.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
at this point it's somewhat unlikely they'll even step on the court tonight. If the Isner-Anderson match doesn't end in the next like 20 minutes then I doubt it'll happen at all as it would be after 8PM that Nadal/Djok would get on, and not sure of the logic of them playing 1 hour before dark/timerules end things

they'll play tomorrow

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
at this point it's somewhat unlikely they'll even step on the court tonight. If the Isner-Anderson match doesn't end in the next like 20 minutes then I doubt it'll happen at all as it would be after 8PM that Nadal/Djok would get on, and not sure of the logic of them playing 1 hour before dark/timerules end things

they'll play tomorrow
There is a big difference, though, for Nadal/Djokovic, between finishing two sets today + two-three tomorrow and four-five sets played just the day before the Sunday finals.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts

they'll play tomorrow
They can play until 11PM. The roof will be closed.

·
Registered
9,702 Posts
There is a big difference, though, for Nadal/Djokovic, between finishing two sets today + two-three tomorrow and four-five sets played just the day before the Sunday finals.
Sunday will be a straight-setter for either of them. Nadal and Djokovic benefit both in stamina and title experience. They will most likely finish 3 sets today anyway.

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
As far as i know they can play with the roof closed as long as they want. Also there is supposed to be a rule that there needs to be a rest day between SF and Final.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think they can play indefinitely tonight. Murray vs Baghdatis had to finish by 11pm in 2012.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Or would it just be attended by those with tickets to the women's final?
I had tickets for the women's final in 2007, and this Federer-Gasquet semi-final was on first. We got to watch both, and they put two mixed doubles matches on as well. Nadal was playing Djokovic on Court 1, it was the match where Djokovic retired in the third set. Then Federer and Nadal played the final on the Sunday. So I'd be very surprised if it's any different tomorrow or Sunday.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
...which is looking increasingly likely, is there a chance that tickets for the end of their match on Centre Court tomorrow could go on general sale?

Or would it just be attended by those with tickets to the women's final? I would guess not, because the women's final would surely need to start at a set time, and therefore for Rafa and Novak to have already finished?
The Wimbledon Committee will have to wait and see what the players want first. Both Rafa and Novak have to agree to certain conditions first: Do they want to play before or after the woman's final? Do they want to play with the roof open or closed?

We might not know for some time what is going to happen tomorrow, but about the ticket situation as per the OPs question, those already holding tickets for Centre Court tomorrow will always have first choice to use their seats or not, then it is possible that they hand in their tickets for re-sale. To get these tickets, you would need to queue a long time.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

The Wimbledon Committee will have to wait and see what the players want first. Both Rafa and Novak have to agree to certain conditions first: Do they want to play before or after the woman's final? Do they want to play with the roof open or closed?

We might not know for some time what is going to happen tomorrow, but about the ticket situation as per the OPs question, those already holding tickets for Centre Court tomorrow will always have first choice to use their seats or not, then it is possible that they hand in their tickets for re-sale. To get these tickets, you would need to queue a long time.
Thanks for clarifying, guys! I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Tickets for the last 4 days are all sold in advance. Your only option would be a ground pass and sit and watch the big screen.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Who knows, if they play another 2 sets today it may balance out any recovery problems for Anderson, and we'll have a level-ish playing field. Or maybe *they'll* end up playing more than 40 games in the final set?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Maybe, but that would be based on a presumption.
Players are not supposed to p[lay two days in a row, let alone three.

Wimb should learn something from this fiasco, but they prob won't.
Nope. After all, this is similar to 2001, when I still say that given the lousy weather forecast they should have had the semis going on concurrently on Centre and No. 1, rather than handicapping Henman and Ivanisevic with multiple rain delays. But they didn't, and ended up having to hold the final on the Monday because H and I had gone over onto the Saturday. I also thought they should have given serious consideration to at least starting the Rafa/Novak match on No. 1 and moving it to Centre once the other match had finished, but I guess they didn't want to disappoint the CC ticket holders.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts