Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 8 16.7%
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before 2011, when Novak was talented but had physical and mental issues, Nadal led the head to head. Djoker still owned the HC head to head comfortably, but otherwise he choked often and struggled, hence retiring against him twice. But since 2011 when Djoker reached his peak, he leads the head to head with Nadal 13-7. It's worth noting that he played woeful tennis at RG 2013 and still would have won without the net touch and bad decisions by the Umpire. That led him to choke in their next two 2013 matches, but other than that he has had comfortable victories against Nadal very often. Both were at their best in 2011 and Novak won 7 times in a row.

If Djoker 2.0 was there from the start, what do you think the head to head would be? I think it would be firmly in Novak's favour :) Agree or disagree?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
so you are basically asking if Djokovic played better before 2011, would some of his defeat against turned into victory? What a dumb question and a dumb thread.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Finally a serious thread.

43-0 Djokovic for CYGS 2015.

Only Rublev can stop him now. Nadal too lucky to win even 1 match vs Djokovic. Djokovic 4.5 trial version coming.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Assuming 2011 Djokovic arrived at 2009 and he got the same draw as usual and met Nadal in all of the same meetings:

Davis Cup: Nadal would in 4 sets instead of 3 compared to last time.

Monte Carlo: Djokovic would win this meeting in 3 sets instead of losing 3 sets. He would've crushed his serves at that time. Nadal even admitted he was serving horribly that week.

Rome: Nadal in 3 instead of 2 compared to last time.

Madrid: Djokovic would clean this up in 2 sets instead of losing to an epic 3 setter.

Their 2 meetings at Cincinnati and Paris were really easy wins for 2009 Djokovic so expect at least a bagel in both meetings if 2011 Djoker played. WTF 2009 would be a comfortable 6-4 6-2 win.

The US Open 2010 is the most intriguing hypothetical encounter in their respective HC peaks. I would back Djokovic to win in 5 since Nadal wasn't tactically as good compared to 2012 onwards in their matchups. 5-7 6-2 6-7 (5-7) 6-3 7-5.

Djokovic beats Nadal in 3 at WTF 2010. Djokovic had an eyesight issue at that time in 2010.

So what does that leave us? I would add 4 extra wins for Djokovic so the H2H would be something like 24-19 in his favour.

But then again, Nadal would find a solution to the Djoker puzzle much sooner in 2011 and so their whole matchup history could've been different. Who knows? Nadal maybe would've won Wimbledon, US Open and AO if he played tactically sound as he did in Montreal 2013/US Open 2013.

This is speculative and full of assumptions in the end. :happy:

Reactions: viva-rafa

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so you are basically asking if Djokovic played better before 2011, would some of his defeat against turned into victory? What a dumb question and a dumb thread.
Why is it dumb? I think it is an interesting question. It's why you have to look at context in regards to head to head. Both were at their peak in 2011 and we saw what happened then. So I think the head to head is misleading.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
What if Rafa was peaked in 2011 instead of 2005?! Why so peaked Djokovic did not win more than one GS in a season after 2011?! Now we are in 2015 ?! There is so many questions?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Before 2011, when Novak was talented but had physical and mental issues, Nadal led the head to head. Djoker still owned the HC head to head comfortably, but otherwise he choked often and struggled, hence retiring against him twice. But since 2011 when Djoker reached his peak, he leads the head to head with Nadal 13-7. It's worth noting that he played woeful tennis at RG 2013 and still would have won without the net touch and bad decisions by the Umpire. That led him to choke in their next two 2013 matches, but other than that he has had comfortable victories against Nadal very often. Both were at their best in 2011 and Novak won 7 times in a row.

If Djoker 2.0 was there from the start, what do you think the head to head would be? I think it would be firmly in Novak's favour :) Agree or disagree?
There are no IFs in tennis...
even if IF djokovic peaked earlier....Fedull would not have had 17 slams...he would have ended up with 10 slams.

Had Djokovic peaked at the same time as Nadal....Fedull would have ended up with less than 6 slams....
Now you know the meaning of what is weak era and how lucky was federer.

·
Registered
21,283 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
This message is hidden because JoWilly is on your ignore list.

If someone is on ignore list you shouldn't be able to see their threads, just saying. This is exactly the kind of utter filth that this idiot spews all day every day and is the reason he's on my ignore list. 40 years old? Dear fucking lord get a life.
I agree with you...yet moderators think he is one of the best on mtf.

Jowilly should be banned..along with few other fedtards....that way MTF would be saved from biased pro fed moderators.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
We need a team of scientists to work on this pressing question as soon as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also important to study:

What if Nadal played his best match every match he ever played? (He would be undefeated in his whole career!!)

What if Federer peaked constantly? (He could be going for the 10th straight CGS!!!!!)

What if Gulbis hit every shot as hard as he could and they all went in????!!!!! (He would beat Novak EVERY time they played!!!!)

What if JoWilly had to only make posts about Tsonga, his "favorite" player? (there would be a pleasant silence on the boards)

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Why is it dumb? I think it is an interesting question. It's why you have to look at context in regards to head to head. Both were at their peak in 2011 and we saw what happened then. So I think the head to head is misleading.
how so? what is the h2h supposed to lead to? What are we supposed to learn from it?

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
Its dumb because there is no what ifs, What if Nadal didn't get injured, what if Federer was more consistent after 2009. Like this you can easily favor any player.

·
Registered
821 Posts
We need a team of scientists to work on this pressing question as soon as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also important to study:

What if Nadal played his best match every match he ever played? (He would be undefeated in his whole career!!)

What if Federer peaked constantly? (He could be going for the 10th straight CGS!!!!!)

What if Gulbis hit every shot as hard as he could and they all went in????!!!!! (He would beat Novak EVERY time they played!!!!)

What if JoWilly had to only make posts about Tsonga, his "favorite" player? (there would be a pleasant silence on the boards)

LOL..

Jowilly is not tsonga fan...he is a federer fan.
Some federer fans pose as other player fans and post hate content on Nadal...its all part of internet paid trolls whose job is to attack Nadal day in and day out.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Had Novak peaked the same year Rafa did, he would have a winning H-H with Nadal and Federer. Unfortunately, he didn't but time is on his side now.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts