Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I believe Novak will be in the final.... the current way he is playing is at about 85% of his peak form.

nadal won't touch him on grass in the semis so expect novak to win

That will improve on the way to the finals, and expect him to be in his peak form if that happens and in grand slam finals... federer cannot overcome novak... novak refuses to lose.

Many people will wonder how Federer 2.0 will do against novak.. if only it was 2017

Federer also has kind of a cakewalk to the final bar people like raonic. he had a fairly similar draw in terms he wasn't pushed and breezed into the final in 2014/2015 while in good form and lost both. If it is federer and novak in the finals I dont think Federer can win.. if nole is playing his best.. and if he is in the final he will be.. nole would need to go off for fed to have a chance to win. True nole hasnt played anyone yet.. really.. but he is dominating the people he does play like he used to and that will only boost his confidence.

Some concerning things in his last match, was dominating the game then going to sleeep for the last 2 sets.. he hasn't done that since 2016 before the resurgence, making silly unforced errors slicing the ball more.. falling asleep mid-match and mugging to the win just and it shows that he isn't playing with that high level of aggression and confidence he had last year. and he will need to find that again if he has a chance at winning Wimbledon this year.. its not the same as last year he never came across a novak or rafa one of those big players.

Right now i see a vulnerable fed who is beatable.. and one, if he comes accross novak, will loose.

SO PRAY Nadal takes novak out in the semis... PRAY... cause Federer vs Nadal in the finals... IS much much much more winnable.

This will be the first time ever i root for nadal to win a tennis match VAMOS!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Re: If Novak Makes It Past The Semis He Will Win Wimbeldon

If Fed is the best of all time, he should beat whoever is in front of him. This is a great chance to end the BOAT Djokovic talks because 1. Djoko fans are saying he is back. 2. Even if they claim after he loses that he is longer in his prime, Fed fans can come back and say the same thing about the 2014-2015 finals. Or Djokovic can beat him again and win 3 out of 4 times in Wimbledon and really claim that Federer has no right to be claimed as the greatest of all time. High Stakes. Makes it fun.

·
Registered
122 Posts

There are no guarantees in life. You are assuming Djoker will play his best, but Novak isn't playing anywhere near as he did when he was so dominant. His physical attributes that made him so dominant have declined. It wasn't so long ago that he lost to a qualifier at the FO.

Even in 14/15 Wimby, he had to play at his height to beat Federer. In fact, Federer during that period was the only player to give him any real problems, as he'd won a few against him (and lost some close ones).

This is not going to be a fait accompli, we do not know how this version of Federer will go against Djoker.

·
Registered
7,153 Posts

This could happen.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts

I really abhor this kind of fearmongering.

If Djokovic gets to the final it will be a great match where Federer will be the favorite, but anything can happen.

Nadal-Djokovic will also be great fun, but I believe Djokovic will be the huge favorite there.

And yes, Nadal is a way easier opponent for Federer in the final. Djokovic is the best returner in the world afterall and seem to have remembered his instincts when it comes to returning lately.

Maybe I will cheer for Nadal to get to the final, it would be fun to have Federer teach Nadal a lesson on grasscourt tennis, but I certanly wont pray.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Re: If Novak Makes It Past The Final He Will Win Wimbeldon

Nadal is 24-3 in GS semifinals, the last time he lost a GS semifinal was in 2009 USO.
So you can say that if Nadal reach the SF, he will be in the final almost 100% certain.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts

That's funny, I feel the same way about Nadal.

The old Djok/Nadal formula no longer applies, any more than the old Nadal/Fed formula.

I think Djok has better chances against Fed than Rafa, actually, because Fed's biggest weapon is the serve, and Djok's biggest is the ROS.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts

Nadal is 24-3 in GS semifinals, the last time he lost a GS semifinal was in 2009 USO.
So you can say that if Nadal reach the SF, he will be in the final almost 100% certain.
Your post is the reason that statistics are meaningless when used out of context. Skewed to make an argument.

I have a better argument: When Nole is in-form and firing on all cylinders, then he'll always be the favourite against Nadal outside of clay. On slow hard, fast hard, grass, indoors, carpet, ice, what ever.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts

Your post is the reason that statistics are meaningless when used out of context. Skewed to make an argument.

I have a better argument: When Nole is in-form and firing on all cylinders, then he'll always be the favourite against Nadal outside of clay. On slow hard, fast hard, grass, indoors, carpet, ice, what ever.
We will see, but i think that Nadal will win this Wimbledon.

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,913 Posts

If he makes it past the final then he will win the tournament?

Yes, that is generally how these things work

·
Registered
2,101 Posts

Federer will be an equally slight favourite against either Nadal Or Djokovic. Djokovic is a harder matchup on paper but Nadal's confidence has got to be sky high right now, I think either could be a classic. From Fed's perspective I would prefer to play Djokovic actually because I don't think he will be back to peak confidence until he actually wins another major.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts

The title should be "If Djokovic makes it past the semifinal, he will win Wimbledon." The way it is now makes no sense as there is no tennis after the final. The OP changed the title and made it extremely incorrect.

·
Registered
694 Posts

I would agree that Federer would likely be more worried about a resurgent Djokovic than about Nadal. But still, a Nadal who can get past Del Potro and Djokovic on grass is not going to be a cakewalk.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

The title should be "If Djokovic makes it past the semifinal, he will win Wimbledon." The way it is now makes no sense as there is no tennis after the final. The OP changed the title and made it extremely incorrect.
It was a typo i fixed it

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I dont know if everybody saw the same Match I did, but NOvak is being way overrated by everybody, he started the match getting broken by mental midgen kachanov, and he converted only 2 aces in the whole Match. Novak has lost a set to the first normal opposition he found, on the other hand Fed and Rafa are yet to drop a set, Im certainly Novak wont win wimbledon, It will be either Fed or Rafa... Novak will have to wait until AO next year where he will have his real chances, as Next USO will be as wide open as ever.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts

I would agree that Federer would likely be more worried about a resurgent Djokovic than about Nadal. But still, a Nadal who can get past Del Potro and Djokovic on grass is not going to be a cakewalk.
First lets wait and See if Novak can get past NIshikori, he was lucky that he has avoided big servers like Raonic or Isner, otherwise he would be out. Novak only converted 2 pathetic aces in the whole match and started the match being 1-3 vs kachanov... Against guys like Fed or Rafa he would have lost that first set... and we know what happens when Fed or Rafa win the first set..

1 - 20 of 57 Posts