Mens Tennis Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nadal needs to put all effort into the clay season again and focus on turning 13 to 14. He shouldn’t play any more hard court events till Montreal.
It’s not good for his knees and he has a bad back atm. Should focus on training on the soft clay and adding some more weapons. After Roland garros he should focus on the grass. I think he has a good chance to make the Wimbledon final if he’s well prepared

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nadal needs to put all effort into the clay season again and focus on turning 13 to 14. He shouldn’t play any more hard court events till Montreal.
It’s not good for his knees and he has a bad back atm. Should focus on training on the soft clay and adding some more weapons. After Roland garros he should focus on the grass. I think he has a good chance to make the Wimbledon final if he’s well prepared
We all know Rafa will go to the Olympics, fitness permitting, so he could well skip Canada this year as this falls so soon afterwards.

I think the main threats at RG are:

1) Rafa gets injured.
2) Rafa gets Covid
3) An off-night in a cold night session. RG will be doing day/night sessions like the AO and USO. Everyone talks about how Sinner gave Rafa his toughest match last year. I think the fact it was played at around midnight on a cold night with a low bounce was a big factor in Rafa's relative struggle.
4) Rafa is seeded outside the Top 2 and has to deal with Djoko and Thiem back-to-back

Nightmare draw would be:

R1-Alcaraz
R2-Musetti
R3-Sinner (prob will be top 32 by RG)
R4-Foggy/Diego
QF-Tsitsipas
SF-Djoko
F-Thiem

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Djoker will be going hard for it. If Nadal isn't up to par, I see Nole stealing it and sealing GOAT. he wont need 20 if he wins the French

·
Registered
19,673 Posts
Djoker will be going hard for it. If Nadal isn't up to par, I see Nole stealing it and sealing GOAT. he wont need 20 if he wins the French
Indeed, 19 and a DCGS seals the deal. Though not for everyone, so he must at least tie the slam record.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Djokovic or Thiem.
Tsitsipas to me the most intriguing. Sinner could cause a huge upset, but I don’t think he can win the tournament.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts