Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Federer to win this time. The stupid wind screwed him big time in 2019… obviously rafas high spin is less prone to windy conditions than Federer’s attacking all court tennis. If he is in shape which I assume after more than a year break he might actually get his first rg win over a declining Rafa
So you've gone from calling Federer "useless garbage" to believing he can return after more than a year out and pull off what is probably the hardest task in the history of tennis?

·
Registered
7,105 Posts
I hope people saying Federer are taking the piss.

Thiem, Tsitsipas, Djokovic, Sinner, del Potro, Zverev, Medvedev in that order. But only Thien has a solid chance, he was 1-1 in 2019 before running out of gas because of playing two days in a row.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Federer, obviously, under certain circumstances: 1st round - LL, 2nd - Q, 3rd - WO (Nishikori), 4th - RET (2-6, 0-3 for Raonic, then he will fall on his head), QF - DQ (Djokovic, after 1-6, 6-7 /1/, 0-5*15-40, for getting two match points on his own serve), SF - WO (Karatsev, after 5 hour 5-setter with Zverev), F - Nadal will shoot himself on PC just before the coin toss, to help his friend Fed to be (to stay?) the undisputed GOAT.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Reading comprehension in your native(?) language?

Any problems cannot be found
all im saying is it is not even worth asking the question :D

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Given that Rafa didn’t lose a set only a few months ago, while playing against the only guys that ever had a chance to beat him on clay (Novak, Sinner, Schwartzman), in conditions that were unfavorable to Rafa, I gotta think he’ll be as big of favorite this year as he ever has been.

Only a withdraw due to injury will prevent him from winning.

Maybe Stefanos if he can make a run could challenge him. Novak and Thiem are too mentally damaged by Nadal on clay at this point to believe they could do it.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'd be more concerned about USO if I was Djokovic because that is the slam that he should have won more times. Problem is you have FO, Olympics, Wimbledon and USO within 4 months of each other

·
Registered
157 Posts
I see Rafa winning, except if he's a little injured

In the last years, here are the guys who won against Nadal on a clay Masters 1000:
Thiem, Djokovic, Tsitsipas, Fognini, Schwartzman

So I believe these are the only guys who would have a little chance to win against Nadal at FO, and hence of winning the title after.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thiem, then pretty much nobody because no one...

·
Registered
7,105 Posts
Thiem I could accept, but Tsitsi ahead of Djokovic? Some people never learn..
Since 2017 Djokovic has been always losing to Nadal on clay, and matches weren't particularly close. This isn't 2011-2016. Even 2009-2010 Djokovic was doing better against Nadal on clay.

·
NAPRED NOLE
1,713 Posts
Since 2017 Djokovic has been always losing to Nadal on clay, and matches weren't particularly close. This isn't 2011-2016. Even 2009-2010 Djokovic was doing better against Nadal on clay.
I don’t dispute that, Djokovic over his career has actually become a worse clay court player. But he’s beaten Tsitsipas both times on clay, and well considering what each has accomplished in their respective careers, if they meet again you really think Tsitsipas is the favourite?

·
Registered
7,105 Posts
I don’t dispute that, Djokovic over his career has actually become a worse clay court player. But he’s beaten Tsitsipas both times on clay, and well considering what each has accomplished in their respective careers, if they meet again you really think Tsitsipas is the favourite?
Djokovic will win against Tsitsipas very likely if they meet, but Tsitsipas has a slightly better chance against Nadal on RG I think. Only Thiem has a good chance though.

·
Registered
791 Posts
No one worries about old matches. What matter are future matches.

Maybe Djoker was too worried about Nadal reputation in the past and didn’t recognize that he had to get healthy instead of letting himself get so weak and sick in the summer.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
I’m not sure if Novak should just skip the clay season a la Fed and focus on Wimbledon with maybe Queens or Halle?! as a warm up

·
Registered
785 Posts
Thiem or Djokovic

41 - 60 of 67 Posts