Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,088 Posts
Yes on to the next GS to see if Father Time can finally catch up to Rafa as he could not stop Novak again.

My thoughts are Nadal again without dropping a set !

For your actual question, Djokovic is the biggest threat it seems , what happened in 2020 final was pretty crazy.

·
Super Moderator
13,088 Posts
Sinner appeared to be the best player Rafa faced and Thiem seems to have become more of an all around player instead of the one to dethrone Rafa at RG

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
Nadal , Djokovic , Federer in that order.
Medvedev won't do nothing on clay ... will slay the USOtho.
Thiem will choke/Zverev will double fault and yeah.
BIG 3 time again

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Roger Federer
Robin Haase
Frances Tiafoe
Darcis Forehand

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, I'd put Tsitsipas above Zverev, Rogie, Rublev, and Medvedev... It's down to Tsitsipas, Djokovic (gulp), or Thiem to do it!!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
1) Thiem 2) Djokovic 3) tsitsipas 4) Sinner
So, the usual suspects but I now confidently add tsitsipas to the list.
I’m less sure about Sinner because it’s unclear how quickly he can continue to improve but theoretically he’s a threat.

·
NAPRED NOLE
1,713 Posts
Djokovic defended his throne, all the pressure is on Rafa again. If he doesn’t win RG, questions will be raised if he will ever win another GS..

·
Registered
443 Posts
1a) Thiem
1b) Nole

2) Tsitsipas

I do think if Fed is healthy he will make the QFs or better though. Even though he hasn’t won in a long time, people forget he’s still really good on clay.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Djokovic defended his throne, all the pressure is on Rafa again. If he doesn’t win RG, questions will be raised if he will ever win another GS..
I fear the same. All it takes is one set back and a loss in a tune up to really dial things up. Can anyone imagine him duplicating 2020? I thought he got lucky in some of the matches versus Sinner and Diego if I recall. I don't think he can make that kind of run again with this kind of competition. He is the clear favorite, but he will need things to fall so that he avoids some nightmare, Tsitsi, Thiem, Djoker type of combo. I would throw Diego and Sinner as threats as well. Zverev can't be ruled out either given some of the runs he's made on clay recently.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Rafa will win

1 - 20 of 67 Posts