Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering 3 guys would have achieved it in a span of 5 years, people will blame homogenization of the courts and rest importance to the career grand slam achievement. I hope nole doesnt win RG for that single reason. Comment.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
lol

So because 3 of the greatest players ever to play tennis will have completed winning a set of all 4 grandslams, in the last 5 years, you think winning a career grandslam would lose it's relevance?

lol

You're funny dude.

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
his wimbledon win is far more questionable than any RG title he will or won't pick up

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Close thread ban OP

Before it lays eggs

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
What about if Nadal wins it again OP? Would it lose relevance then? I know you're a Nadal fan so this question should really test you.

Z

·
0 Posts
I think so. Novak is a great player, but to have 3 players do it so quickly is too much.

The big 4 domination already proved the significance of surface homogenization. This will just solidify it.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
I think so. Novak is a great player, but to have 3 players do it so quickly is too much.

The big 4 domination already proved the significance of surface homogenization. This will just solidify it.
Nonsense.

We just so happen to live in an era where great tennis players, 3 of them, all came at once. When they all happened to set records, is insignificant and not something that should be thrown into determining just how great the achievement is.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Considering 3 guys would have achieved it in a span of 5 years, people will blame homogenization of the courts and rest importance to the career grand slam achievement. I hope nole doesnt win RG for that single reason. Comment.
Let them then turn AO and USO to grass again, so that we can have "less" homogenization like in Laver's '60s & '70s with just three GS played on grass or even '80s with W&AO grass and very fast USO.

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
Yes, it's not legit since he won't face Youzhny at semifinal and Verdasco after 4,5 h match in QF and also tired opponent at final.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
I buy that ... after Rafa returns his 8 FO. Fair? :D Nole does not win this. I am sure he slips up allowing the biggest hoax in the freaking universe to get even bigger. Nevertheless, I don't think you are being sincere about why you don't want Nole to win. If Rafa loses soon, I wouldn't mind anyone else winning, even if it is not Nole.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
If a talentless loser like Bald can do it then yeah it's probably already dead :shrug:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
If a talentless loser like Bald can do it then yeah it's probably already dead :shrug:
What do you have against bald people who are not talented? Why disrespect them this way? lol

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What do you have against bald people who are not talented? Why disrespect them this way? lol
Butthurt and retardism. Ignore the trolls buddy. :bigwave:.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts